Status
Not open for further replies.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
No I didn't read it anywhere, I'm just assuming from common sense that if your suspension is being constricted then your engine has to work harder otherwise if it's not if the vehicle stability is not on then you have more power
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Always use S with eco OFF and traction control OFF.

(L)ow is for torque up to 30 mph
Eco will turn off gas injection to #3 cylinder
Removing traction control reduces constraints on the steering (just a guess) which means more power from engine to move the car.
Cool, I will try that!

OP
OP

alika94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I
I may not have caught it before, are you guys using S or L for racing others?
I use Sport, traction off, and obviously econ off

When in sport I usually brake torque it.. Hold my foot down on the brake hard then rev it up to 2000-2500rpm, i think 2500 rpm is the most you can do before it goes on its own.

I found this launching method to be pretty quick. Im still not really sure if D is faster tbh

Sometimes D seems faster on acceleration and S seems better for highway speeds and passing.

Ive tried launching from D with traction on, and D with traction off, can only rev it up to 2000rpm in D. for some reason youll get a slow ass launch if you rev too much in D. But both of these seem pretty quick too.

OP
OP

alika94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T

Removing traction control reduces constraints on the steering (just a guess) which means more power from engine to move the car.
I saw some ppl somewhere saying L is giving the quickest 0-60 time. Never tried it tho..think it was on youtube

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
Traction control pulls back throttle input (even with the pedal to the metal) when the wheel speed sensors starts to see wheel spin, so yes it is cutting power which is why its a good idea to turn it off if you're going to commit to a full launch from a stand still.

Setting the transmission to L gives you the most onset torque which is best for a quick launch and will yield the best 0-60 at the expense of top speed, while the cvt basically keeps the gear ratio where it provides the most torque multiplication and keeps the engine singing at its powerband.

Eventually, when you reach a certain speed and if the transmission control unit doesn't override the L setting (no clue if the tcu in this car has built in function to override the shifter position if needed), you just end up revving the engine and not gain speed as quickly, but you've already accomplished what you wanted to which is clock a good 0-60 time haha.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Traction control pulls back throttle input (even with the pedal to the metal) when the wheel speed sensors starts to see wheel spin, so yes it is cutting power which is why its a good idea to turn it off if you're going to commit to a full launch from a stand still.

Setting the transmission to L gives you the most onset torque which is best for a quick launch and will yield the best 0-60 at the expense of top speed, while the cvt basically keeps the gear ratio where it provides the most torque multiplication and keeps the engine singing at its powerband.

Eventually, when you reach a certain speed and if the transmission control unit doesn't override the L setting (no clue if the tcu in this car has built in function to override the shifter position if needed), you just end up revving the engine and not gain speed as quickly, but you've already accomplished what you wanted to which is clock a good 0-60 time haha.
Very Concise good post :goodpost:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase

L is not for up too 30mph. L is the quickest way to accelerate in these cars. It gets rid of the fake shifting. I have personally driven the car too 100+ mph and it will keep going.

Eco will turn gas off injector #3? What? Please show us where you got that information.

Removing TC has nothing to do with steering.. SMH.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
When in sport I usually brake torque it.. Hold my foot down on the brake hard then rev it up to 2000-2500rpm, i think 2500 rpm is the most you can do before it goes on its own.
Incorrect. You can go full throttle (WOT) and hold the brake and the car will not move.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
L is not for up too 30mph. L is the quickest way to accelerate in these cars. It gets rid of the fake shifting. I have personally driven the car too 100+ mph and it will keep going.

Eco will turn gas off injector #3? What? Please show us where you got that information.

Removing TC has nothing to do with steering.. SMH.
I went over the manual and it really doesn't say anything about how fast you can go in L mode just at this as it's for braking on hills and going up hills or whatever kind of a vague description what they actually do. I will have to try it inL mode the next time I'm out in it.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just whipped a Corvette Grand Sport and it was awesome!
Yeah, right. I'm sure the vet had to be sandbagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.