Cars & Coffee Dallas,, TX

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
Today I went to the Cars & Coffee up here in Plano, TX. I thought leaving at 6am would give me time to find a spot in the parking lot. But oh no. A Mustang broke down on the road leading to the parking lot and a Tesla ran out of battery power causing more delays.

There was another CTR an Aegean Blue Metallic, but he left because he couldn’t get into the parking lot. I used my Disabled Veterans plates to get in. My CTR received more attention than any other vehicles out there!!!! Lots of pictures and videos taken. I guess we are still unicorns in a stable full of Mustangs, Corvettes, Hellcats, and the exotics like Lamborghini and Ferrari.

I asked some that usually come to the C&C and they said they are tired of seeing the usual cars and my CTR was the very first one they have seen in person!!! There were other Honda’s at C&C, but mainly Si’s.

Anyone ever been the only CTR at a car meet or event?
Sponsored

anhanymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2009 Accord
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Today I went to the Cars & Coffee up here in Plano, TX. I thought leaving at 6am would give me time to find a spot in the parking lot. But oh no. A Mustang broke down on the road leading to the parking lot and a Tesla ran out of battery power causing more delays.

There was another CTR an Aegean Blue Metallic, but he left because he couldn’t get into the parking lot. I used my Disabled Veterans plates to get in. My CTR received more attention than any other vehicles out there!!!! Lots of pictures and videos taken. I guess we are still unicorns in a stable full of Mustangs, Corvettes, Hellcats, and the exotics like Lamborghini and Ferrari.

I asked some that usually come to the C&C and they said they are tired of seeing the usual cars and my CTR was the very first one they have seen in person!!! There were other Honda’s at C&C, but mainly Si’s.

All the time bro! most meets ive been through have the usual Sti's, evo's, muscle cars and 20 years worth of civics etc. Its nice being the unicorn, makes paying my car loan every month not hurt so much LOL.

OP
OP
DevilDoc8542

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
Yes very impressive showing of cars today. Funny thing while I was driving on the tollway to get to C&C, I was following a Ferrari 458 and a Porsche 911 GT3. I think they were pissed off b/c I was keeping up with them until we hit 120mph and we all backed off b/c we had to exit. Then this poor VW GolfR tried to keep up with us and we kept pulling ahead.

I thought the GolfR was able to keep up with the CTR’s?

anhanymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes very impressive showing of cars today. Funny thing while I was driving on the tollway to get to C&C, I was following a Ferrari 458 and a Porsche 911 GT3. I think they were pissed off b/c I was keeping up with them until we hit 120mph and we all backed off b/c we had to exit. Then this poor VW GolfR tried to keep up with us and we kept pulling ahead.

I thought the GolfR was able to keep up with the CTR’s?
from watching and reading reviews and comparisons, the Golf R is quicker off the line than a CTR (due to awd ofc) but the CTR pulls ahead due to more top end. Which if you guys were going over a buck, makes sense why it was having a hard time keeping up. From a dig the type R wins all day.

OP
OP
DevilDoc8542

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That would make sense. All I knew was if we were going any faster, we might have travelled back in time.

doCTR

First Name
doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW / RS400 / Golf R/ Forester XT
Country flag
Over here in Ohio cops are every where on highways. Go 10 over and u pull over :( where u guys at?

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
from watching and reading reviews and comparisons, the Golf R is quicker off the line than a CTR (due to awd ofc) but the CTR pulls ahead due to more top end. Which if you guys were going over a buck, makes sense why it was having a hard time keeping up. From a dig the type R wins all day.
Golf R does about 0-60 of 4.5 seconds in DSG and 5.2 seconds in 6MT, per C&D. The same magazine says CTR does 4.9 seconds for 0-60. Of course, external conditions and driver skills matter quite a bit, but the point is that 6MT Golf R is likely slower to 0-60 than the CTR under most circumstances, and DSG is really the difference maker in this context.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

A couple friends of mine with CTR and I went to Cars & Coffee in Plano last month, but we couldn't get in. We got there around 6. We ended up parking in a lot at a business. It's pretty hectic there compared to the one in Fort Worth which is very laid back. We'll probably go to that one in couple of weeks. I went to Renegade Unleashed's first event at Summit back in November and was the only CTR there.

Below is a link to a drag race between a few hot hatches including the CTR, Golf R, and Focus RS. The CTR beats the Golf R in 1/4 mile from a dig but loses to the RS. However, the CTR smokes both of them from a roll.

anhanymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A couple friends of mine with CTR and I went to Cars & Coffee in Plano last month, but we couldn't get in. We got there around 6. We ended up parking in a lot at a business. It's pretty hectic there compared to the one in Fort Worth which is very laid back. We'll probably go to that one in couple of weeks. I went to Renegade Unleashed's first event at Summit back in November and was the only CTR there.

Below is a link to a drag race between a few hot hatches including the CTR, Golf R, and Focus RS. The CTR beats the Golf R in 1/4 mile from a dig but loses to the RS. However, the CTR smokes both of them from a roll.

yeah! lol thats the video I watched as well. I think the RS3 and A45 were there for shits a giggles, but it was cool to see how they stacked up none the less.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag

Where do you live, neighbor? I'm in north Dallas and work in Addison for Mary Kay (corporate side; I'd suck at selling beauty products lol). I so far have only met one owner myself while he was getting the rev match failure fixed at Lute Riley where I bought mine. He might be the same guy you saw as his was also blue. So far I've only been to last month's DICE meet in Plano and my friends said they saw two other CTRs there. I unfortunately was parked on the other side (it was a HUGE meet) and didn't see them as they left early.

OP
OP
DevilDoc8542

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Over here in Ohio cops are every where on highways. Go 10 over and u pull over :( where u guys at?
Here in North Texas, we have a lot of toll roads. Most are patrolled by Texas State Troopers, but you have to know what time and where they usually hide. Down south in Austin, TX-130 is the fastest toll road in the U.S. at 80mph, but I think it has changed to 75mph.

The tollway authority in Austin tested the toll road cameras with a Hennessy CTS-V doing 230mph when it first opened.

OP
OP
DevilDoc8542

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where do you live, neighbor? I'm in north Dallas and work in Addison for Mary Kay (corporate side; I'd suck at selling beauty products lol). I so far have only met one owner myself while he was getting the rev match failure fixed at Lute Riley where I bought mine. He might be the same guy you saw as his was also blue. So far I've only been to last month's DICE meet in Plano and my friends said they saw two other CTRs there. I unfortunately was parked on the other side (it was a HUGE meet) and didn't see them as they left early.
I live up here in Denton. Hate I-35E and most of the city roads are horrible. I know Denton is trying to fix up the infrastructure b/c we are trying to land the Amazon HQ2 up here.

Haven’t been to many car meets or shows due to getting my CTR in January and currently doing my build. If you know of an events coming up, let me know and I’ll attend. It’s funny I’ve seen lots of CTR’s selling at the D/FW Metroplex but have not seen more than two on the road. If you plan on going to C&C in Plano next month, let me know and I’ll sneak you in with my Disabled Veterans parking.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in North Texas, we have a lot of toll roads. Most are patrolled by Texas State Troopers, but you have to know what time and where they usually hide. Down south in Austin, TX-130 is the fastest toll road in the U.S. at 80mph, but I think it has changed to 75mph.

The tollway authority in Austin tested the toll road cameras with a Hennessy CTS-V doing 230mph when it first opened.
The tollway around Austin actually has 85 mph speed limits. I just drove on it this weekend heading to Wemberley Tx. I drive the i30 texpress and its 75, Ive passed cops running radar going 85 and they didn't move. Ive seen @asiandeity car once in the morning on the way to work driving through Grand Prairie. Im not an R but id love to join anyone at the Fort Worth meet. The plano meet sounds like a pain in the ass to get in to.

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The tollway around Austin actually has 85 mph speed limits. I just drove on it this weekend heading to Wemberley Tx. I drive the i30 texpress and its 75, Ive passed cops running radar going 85 and they didn't move. Ive seen @asiandeity car once in the morning on the way to work driving through Grand Prairie. Im not an R but id love to join anyone at the Fort Worth meet. The plano meet sounds like a pain in the ass to get in to.
We'll be going to the Fort Worth Cars & Coffee in a couple of weeks weather permitting if you want to meet us there. I can tell you from experience that the Plano one has a lot of nice cars but is a pain to get in and out. Perhaps going just once just to see how it is will satisfy. Fort Worth changed their meet to every other month starting with this month.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I live up here in Denton. Hate I-35E and most of the city roads are horrible. I know Denton is trying to fix up the infrastructure b/c we are trying to land the Amazon HQ2 up here.

Haven’t been to many car meets or shows due to getting my CTR in January and currently doing my build. If you know of an events coming up, let me know and I’ll attend. It’s funny I’ve seen lots of CTR’s selling at the D/FW Metroplex but have not seen more than two on the road. If you plan on going to C&C in Plano next month, let me know and I’ll sneak you in with my Disabled Veterans parking.
Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't disrespect our veterans like that. Feels a bit like the "stolen valor" BS that a-holes have been pulling lately. I'll ask my friends when the next meets are coming up and loop you in since if it were strictly up to me, I'd just stay home all the time except to go out to the track. Me most weekends ---> :coffee:
Sponsored