OP
OP

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
yeah I cannot get my phone to pair to the damn box either. I also have an email out to them for further instructions...
Their advice to me was to make sure my phone wasn't pairing with anything else. It was pairing with the car. Once I turned that off it connects maybe 8 out of 10 times now.
Sponsored

robertofool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L w/ Sensing
Country flag
Finally got mine. Currently having a issue with the required initial bluetooth pairing. I've written them for help. we'll see how long it takes them to reply.
I ran into this issue today and had to "forget" the device on my iPhone and re-pair the iPhone with the unit.

Jvm156

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
Mine finally arrived after almost 3 months in the mail . It worked the first time I plugged in and has subsequently worked like maybe 1 in 8 times... it’s kinda frustrated cus I really wanted this to be simple and easy. I know others with dif cars who have faired better. The 2017 civic head unit has always been a glitchy pile of garbage though. Often I will plug the carplay2 air in only to have it say that the device is not compatible with CarPlay, or no device connected or it will connect and play 2 seconds of a song and then crash. Definitely annoying

Enigmom

First Name
Enigma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda si 2018
Country flag
I just got mine a few days ago. It works fine though there were a couple of times where it would connect and then disconnect and bring me back to the homescreen.

When running, CarPlay acts as if it has dial controls as some other cars do and will add an outline to a button unlike the stock Civic CarPlay. It's nothing major but it was definitely something that stood out to me.

One drawback that I've noticed was the delay when skipping songs or seeking while playing podcasts with the steering wheel controls. There seems to be about a 1-2 second delay after pressing the button on my steering wheel.

Overall, wireless CarPlay is great and it's awesome to start my car with my phone in my pocket and have CarPlay automatically come up on my head unit.

If anyone's curious, I also installed this wireless charger built for 10th gen Civics so that I can charge my phone when needed while also keeping the wireless connection going.
NICE!!!!!!!!! you have any photos?

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R Sonic Pearl Grey R-43285
Country flag
I have something like this.
I bought it off Amazon, it works with my CarPlay pretty well. Except when my headunit keeps shitting out.
For some reason my 2021' CTR crashes sometimes, or the headunit itself just doesn't load my wallpaper and uses the default one. Also sometimes my headunit detects CarPlay but says it's not connected lmao. Might take it to the dealership and have them take a look and put a new one in.

Enigmom

First Name
Enigma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda si 2018
Country flag
I have something like this.
I bought it off Amazon, it works with my CarPlay pretty well. Except when my headunit keeps shitting out.
For some reason my 2021' CTR crashes sometimes, or the headunit itself just doesn't load my wallpaper and uses the default one. Also sometimes my headunit detects CarPlay but says it's not connected lmao. Might take it to the dealership and have them take a look and put a new one in.
Wow. thats wild. these head units. man. my head unit blacks out at times. i will see how it goes.

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow. thats wild. these head units. man. my head unit blacks out at times. i will see how it goes.
I know right? Sucks you can't just find an update to see if it fixes it.
Other than HU issues, the wireless carplay has worked nicely no issues. It uses bluetooth.

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I have a warranty claim in for a HU blanking out on occasion, and there's no replacement parts available... so I wait. Bt first, Honda wanted 40 dollars to update the firmware - who does that?

Enigmom

First Name
Enigma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda si 2018
Country flag
I have a warranty claim in for a HU blanking out on occasion, and there's no replacement parts available... so I wait. Bt first, Honda wanted 40 dollars to update the firmware - who does that?
are you serious?? wow.. could you update the firmware yourself? im really hoping i can get the update already for the wireless car play.. keep us posted with your head unit.

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
are you serious?? wow.. could you update the firmware yourself? im really hoping i can get the update already for the wireless car play.. keep us posted with your head unit.
For Civic they already said they aren't going to give us wireless carplay. Unless something has changed recently?

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I have wireless carplay on my wife's M2 and my M3, and there is a 1st world problem with this.

If two phones are paired, it loves to connect to whichever one responds first. This makes it a nightmare when we are both getting into our cars at the same time. My phone will pair to her M2 and her phone will pair into the M3...lol Or if she is starts the car near the driveway and I happen to be near it, it sometimes pairs my phone even though I'm upstairs.. :| or if we are going out, her phone pairs instead of mine even though I'm driving. Swear to god, it's become a problem where I turn off carplay for her car on my phone and vice versa so we don't play who is the lucky one to connect to the wireless carplay.

I'm happy to have wired carplay in my civic. lol

Sorry end 1st worldproblem haha. It would be nice to wireless charge though and have carplay at the same time.
Sponsored