Michael90

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Can someone please walk me through the very basics of CarPlay? I seem to be having trouble.

My iPhone connects, Carplay shows up on the screen. I know its all operated through Siri.

What do I do if I want to play a specific song?

What do I do if I want to send a text message?

What do I do if I want to read a text message?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone please walk me through the very basics of CarPlay? I seem to be having trouble.

My iPhone connects, Carplay shows up on the screen. I know its all operated through Siri.

Just ask Siri for any of those things.

Rojer

ANW Pirate Ninja
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback RED
Be an adult and get an Android.

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag

It isn't ALL operated by Siri - although most actions can be.

You can certainly use Siri to play a specific song - whether it is in your Apple Music library or not - although the latter will likely require an Apple Music subscription to pull off. It can sometimes be tricky depending on how the song or album is titled so make sure you ask for the right thing. Siri will also play your playlists too. If you have an Apple Music library you can also browse it manually on the headunit. It is worth nothing that the Siri control primarily only works with Apple Music so if you are a Spotify user, for example, you will have to browse your Spotify library manually as there is no Siri support.

As another posted already mentioned, you will get an on screen notification if you receive a text message and if you have the sound turned on on your iPhone you will also get an audible indicator too. You can use Siri to create a new text message as well as read or reply to received text messages. If you tap the Messages icon on the headunit, and you have unread messages, Siri will ask you if you want to compose a new message or read your existing messages. Note, Siri will not automatically read unread messages when you plug in your iPhone but if you know you have unread messages you can ask "her" to read them. Creating new messages or reply to messages with your voice works pretty well but you fall victim to Siri's interpretation of your voice as well as words being misused or misunderstood. (using "two" instead of "too" for example) and there is no way to tell if the words were misused when "she" reads the message back to you prior to sending.

Siri can also be used to interact with Maps as well
Sponsored