CarPlay Causing Speedometer To Crash

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I was having trouble with my speedometer. It would randomly go black and then reboot. Very annoying driving down the road and not knowing how fast you are going.

I decided not to use CarPlay for a few days and it is no longer happening. My speedometer was crashing several times a day. Now I stopped using it for the past 3 days and it hasn't crashed once!

I was using a genuine apple cable and I am running IOS 10.3.2.

Just giving everyone a heads up in case you experience the same thing.
Sponsored

WoLF2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Country flag
Yea, I have it set to music. I'm just wondering if this is a 2017 thing an apple thing or something else. Isn't the head units for the 2016 and 17 different animals all together?

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Yea, I have it set to music. I'm just wondering if this is a 2017 thing an apple thing or something else. Isn't the head units for the 2016 and 17 different animals all together?
Mine is a 2017. I have used CarPlay everyday for two months with no problem until now. Then all of a sudden last week it started crashing. My commute is an hour each way and it was crashing several times a day. I started to just use Bluetooth and everything seemed ok all week. I plug my phone it this morning and it crashed within 5 minutes. It could also be that I need a software update in the car.

WoLF2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Country flag
Yea could be. Do all of us a favor and report the problem to Honda and see if there is a software update. I would also do a hard reboot on the system.

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Yea could be. Do all of us a favor and report the problem to Honda and see if there is a software update. I would also do a hard reboot on the system.
Yes. I will do a hard reboot. Also reboot my phone. I was going to bring the car to the dealership but I was afraid they would just say they can't replicate the problem. I figured it would be better to troubleshoot myself and find the cause. I will post updates here.

kav130r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Yes. I will do a hard reboot. Also reboot my phone. I was going to bring the car to the dealership but I was afraid they would just say they can't replicate the problem. I figured it would be better to troubleshoot myself and find the cause. I will post updates here.
Did you end up figuring the issue out? I've read other posts that if yo have too many songs on your iphone it can cause headunit issues.

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Did you end up figuring the issue out? I've read other posts that if yo have too many songs on your iphone it can cause headunit issues.
I have 7 thousand songs on my phone. I haven't figured it out yet. I will post more info here as I learn more.
Sponsored