OP
OP

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Lol. That should be plenty then. It “should” be working then.

Yeah your best bet is to start the set up over.

There isn’t much to actively troubleshoot otherwise really.

Apple’s “it just works” mentality is in full effect with home kit and it doesn’t surface any real insight if there is a problem behind the scenes.
Can’t explain it but things magically starting working while I was at my son’s baseball practice.

And when I got home and saw the garage button show up on CarPlay - you’d have sworn men from Mars had landed. Super cool!

Thanks for talking me off the ledge.
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Can’t explain it but things magically starting working while I was at my son’s baseball practice.

And when I got home and saw the garage button show up on CarPlay - you’d have sworn men from Mars had landed. Super cool!

Thanks for talking me off the ledge.
Beta is beta.
Sometimes that happens.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks to both of you! I have an Apple router and an un used Apple TV on my network so I should be good to go!
I’ve resisted buying the Civic HomeKit add-on for my Type R and now I’m glad I didn’t! Such an obvious solution and I didn’t see it. I’m running iOS 13 Beta 6? Now and it occasionally won’t recognize each other in the CTR head unit but otherwise seems OK. Can’t wait till tomorrow to figure out the setup for MyQ.
Thanks again!
Sponsored