tdurham19

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch
Country flag
For the hatchback (not sure about other models) the rear fender liner /wheel well is lined with carpet. It collects all kinds of mud, dirt, road grime, and is impossible to get clean. I was thinking about coating it with plastidip to make it a hard surface to make it easier to clean. Anyone ever done this before or know if there is something better then plastidip for this job?
Sponsored

sguler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
hey guys, Im writing to the year old post, I just got a 2018 civic Hb sport.
carpeted liners are only on the rears right? front fenders are not carpeted? just little bit odd to me so I want to check with others

alicj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
hey guys, Im writing to the year old post, I just got a 2018 civic Hb sport.
carpeted liners are only on the rears right? front fenders are not carpeted? just little bit odd to me so I want to check with others
Sedan here. Yes my front is just hard plastic and rear is carpet. Wish they are both carpet to reduce the noise of debris hitting wheel well like my previous car (VW Tiguan).

OP I don't think you should plastic dip the rear carpet. It is there to reduce noise.

sguler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
Sedan here. Yes my front is just hard plastic and rear is carpet. Wish they are both carpet to reduce the noise of debris hitting wheel well like my previous car (VW Tiguan).

OP I don't think you should plastic dip the rear carpet. It is there to reduce noise.
I found it very weird. isolation so poor on the front, I hear all the braking on low speeds.