Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
did anyone get defective carpet ?

The carpet in my hatch was coming out on the front driver side from under the plastic door area like within a week of me getting it. I tuck it in but it pops back out all the time don't even know if its worth complaining about and losing my car for a weekend. I have my car about 6 months now
Sponsored

17sporthatchMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport, 2007 pilot, 86 toyota truck
Country flag
Same story here, bought my hatchback last December and have the exact same issue with the carpet staying under the door trim on the driver's side.

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
guess there were a few like that then cus mine was a sport also what color is your car ?

augustus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatch EX Lunar Silver
Country flag
I have a spot on the passenger side front, back near the center console that won't stay under the plastic, I'm not sure what to do about it.

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
should we complain lol
id rather do it now while its still under warranty before its too late but I don't want to lose my car for a week either have them take my shit apart and mess something else up
any way to make it stay ? I think honda was just cheap and didn't use enough carpet

17sporthatchMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine is a Blue Hatch Sport MT, issue first appeared a week after purchase, I am tempted to try repairing it myself with double sided adhesive tape. it looks like the trim piece just pops upward. If I can't fix it and have it look nice, I will attempt to get the dealer to fix it. I also had the upper grille not snapped in properly either from the factory. On a hot day I was able to flex it enough to snap it in place and fix that issue.

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mine is a Blue Hatch Sport MT, issue first appeared a week after purchase, I am tempted to try repairing it myself with double sided adhesive tape. it looks like the trim piece just pops upward. If I can't fix it and have it look nice, I will attempt to get the dealer to fix it. I also had the upper grille not snapped in properly either from the factory. On a hot day I was able to flex it enough to snap it in place and fix that issue.
what did the dealer say

17sporthatchMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't take it to the dealer, I fixed it myself by pulling up the trim and using a sheet metal screw through the carpet to hold it in place. I heard too many stories about how other rattles and problems developed after taking it back to the dealer to try and fix a problem like this. If done in the right way, the fix looks exactly how it should have been from the factory.

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
did u take pics id like to see how you took apart the trim and where you placed the screw ?
i love diy

Last edited:

17sporthatchMT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Didn't take pictures, followed instructions found online on how to install backlit door sills. It shows how to remove the trim and from there just find a place where a screw could be placed where it won't be seen once the trim in snapped back down. Just make sure to drill an actual hole in the carpet. A screw can grab and can rip out the edge without a predrilled hole.

OP
OP
partialprint

partialprint

First Name
Partial
Threads
Reaction score
Website
music.apple.com
Vehicle(s)