MukiPuki

First Name
Juraj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10G Hatchback, 1.5 Petrol
Country flag
Hi. Im going to buy Honda Civic Hatchback and I have one question. In the cargo space is a lift cover and also another cargo space cover which is fixed on 5th doors. I dont understand why there are two covers for the same purpose.
Sponsored

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Hi. Im going to buy Honda Civic Hatchback and I have one question. In the cargo space is a lift cover and also another cargo space cover which is fixed on 5th doors. I dont understand why there are two covers for the same purpose.
because of the slope of the glass on the hatch, the retractable cover could only cover the forward part of the cargo area. The second cover that's attached to the hatch itself is toward the rear of the car, and technically doesn't need to be removable due to the area that it covers. Both are needed to fully cover the rear hatch area.

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
Only time I can see the fixed cover is when an object makes the cover flex up...reminds me to check what’s there before I slam the glass hatch down.

I sure like the hatch versatility

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 6MT (Hatch Sport)
Country flag
Does anyone know the part number for the cargo cover that attaches to the hatch door? I've spent more than an hour looking for that part online, and I'm not finding anything.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 6MT (Hatch Sport)
Country flag
Thanks for the help! I spent over an hour online, and all I came up with was the "tailgate lining" assembly, and I couldn't tell from the diagram if the cargo cover was included. I'm not sure it's worth $80, though.

I'm wondering what's the point in having that slick retractable cover (that swaps sides!) when it doesn't entirely cover the cargo area. Even with a decent tint, you can still see into the hatch with minimal effort.

Admittedly, it's a minor thing to complain about when I'm thoroughly in love with this car.

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Just get 5% on the rear glass. Problem solved
Sponsored