First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought some front and rear pads for my 17 CTR from Carbotech. They don't show it on their website, but I do have them in my possession. These were purchased for my event coming up in less than 2 weeks, One Lap of America.
I have:
XP10 compound - Front pads
XP8 compound - Rear pads
I got them pre-bed'ed so I could save a little bit of time.
So, if you are looking for pads other than OEM, I spoke with Mike Jr.
Contact info:
[email protected]
(877)899-5024
(704)481-8500
Honda Civic 10th gen Carbotech Brakes Front & Rear available Carbotech brake pads
Sponsored

Last edited:

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
I bought some front and rear pads for my 17 CTR from Carbotech. They don't show it on their website, but I do have them in my possession. These were purchased for my event coming up in less than 2 weeks, One Lap of America.
I have:
AX10 compound - Front pads
AX8 compound - rear pads
I got them pre-bed'ed so I could save a little bit of time.
So, if you are looking for pads other than OEM, I spoke with Mike Jr.
Contact info:
[email protected]
(877)899-5024
(704)481-8500
Carbotech brake pads.jpg
Aren't AX compounds for autocross? I used XP12/10 in my s2k and they were great for the track, and still okay to use on the street. Just super noisy.

because..racecar.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
XP12/10 on the Exige and I SWEAR by these pads on the track... I love them and I've tried moving to others. Nothing seems to work as well for my setup. Although I'll say the XP12/10 on the road is brutal not due to noise but due to never building up enough heat. Times in the Exige that I worry I'll stop on cold pads for a stop sign lol... Hoping the AX compound does allow for better cold braking.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
XP12/10 on the Exige and I SWEAR by these pads on the track... I love them and I've tried moving to others. Nothing seems to work as well for my setup. Although I'll say the XP12/10 on the road is brutal not due to noise but due to never building up enough heat. Times in the Exige that I worry I'll stop on cold pads for a stop sign lol... Hoping the AX compound does allow for better cold braking.
That's interesting, because I never experienced that missing the stop sign issue when cold. I've heard people talk about that issue and I was terrified that it'd happen to me, but nope. Always stopped like normal. Just dusty and noisy.

rnh204

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #8445 | 2010 Porsche 911 GT3RS (Track Car) | 2014 Infiniti QX80 (Family Tow Car) | 2013 Trailex CT-84180 (Trailer)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's interesting, because I never experienced that missing the stop sign issue when cold. I've heard people talk about that issue and I was terrified that it'd happen to me, but nope. Always stopped like normal. Just dusty and noisy.
Maybe because you're in Sunny San Diego with average temps likely higher vs up north. It only takes a couple of applications of brake for it to get some heat in the pads.

Its great to hear that there's rear track pads..

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
Maybe because you're in Sunny San Diego with average temps likely higher vs up north. It only takes a couple of applications of brake for it to get some heat in the pads.

Its great to hear that there's rear track pads..
I thought about that, but would a difference of 10-15 degrees make that much of an impact?

Either way, if someone guinea pigs the xp12/10 combo on the CTR I'd like to know if you experience stop sign shenanigans :)

OP
OP
Banshee

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Aren't AX compounds for autocross? I used XP12/10 in my s2k and they were great for the track, and still okay to use on the street. Just super noisy.

because..racecar.
You are correct. I looked at them, and the receipt again. They are the XP, and not the AX. I have corrected my mistake in the original post. Thank you!

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Just remember that XP10/12 will EAT those rotors alive... expect to check them regularly after track days.

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
You are correct. I looked at them, and the receipt again. They are the XP, and not the AX. I have corrected my mistake in the original post. Thank you!
Nice! Please let us know how the cold stopping performance is on those puppies.

I'm glad they weren't the autox pads- you'd probably cook those pads in short order on the track :)

OP
OP
Banshee

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I already have the Girodisc front rotors. I prefer matched sets, but no Girodisc rotors available for the rear.

voiddweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR (Sold), '04 TSX MT, '19 Camaro ZL1 1LE MT
Country flag
I ran XP10's front / XP8 rear on my S14 for several track events. They performed great. Some people mention that they are inconsistent after a few laps but I never ran into an issue. Great people over at Carbotech!

OP
OP
Banshee

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got back from One lap or America. 14 track events and 4200 miles. I still have over 1/2 pads on the front, and over 3/4 on the rear. They still grip like mad when I want them to. They release well and are predictable.

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got back from One lap or America. 14 track events and 4200 miles. I still have over 1/2 pads on the front, and over 3/4 on the rear. They still grip like mad when I want them to. They release well and are predictable.

How was the fitment of the pads? i know some people were having issues with the rear pads not working properly with the electronic brake?
Sponsored