HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Just an observation, but it's strange to me that with so many companies making carbon fiber interior trim bits for the Si , all of them that I have seen are glossy when the carbon trim in the car is matte. Why make something that will clash instead of compliment?

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber trim observation 41C4ZEJeQiL
Sponsored

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once installed, not even noticeable. I think there is a few pics of my interior in my garage if you want to check it out.

OP
OP
HarlowQuinn

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Once installed, not even noticeable. I think there is a few pics of my interior in my garage if you want to check it out.
I see what you mean. Not terribly noticeable, but me being OCD, I would notice it. Looks sweet though.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see what you mean. Not terribly noticeable, but me being OCD, I would notice it. Looks sweet though.
I also have OCD when it comes to this stuff, doesn't bother me at all actually, I feel like having black interior tones down the flash on the carbon look.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are relatively cheap pieces made in China. For what you pay, they are actually decent quality. The steering wheel insert is the only one that is different from the rest of the trim pieces I have, and like was mentioned, it isn't really that noticeable.

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just an observation, but it's strange to me that with so many companies making carbon fiber interior trim bits for the Si , all of them that I have seen are glossy when the carbon trim in the car is matte. Why make something that will clash instead of compliment?

41C4ZEJeQiL.jpg
I like this thread. I’m totally with you on this, I agree that a matched matte finish would look great and I’m also sort of ocd so when I received the part and pulled it out of the packaging the first thing I immediately noticed was how glossy it looked and considered how it would clash with the matte look of the interior trim pieces as well as the carbon fiber pattern on the seats which also look reletavely matte.

BUT, Before actually installing the piece I held it up to my steering wheel, sat in my car, and looked at all the trim pieces back-and-forth to see if it looked all right. I’ve got to say I liked the look more than I expected for something I payed $16 for on amazon. I liked it for two reasons, one was that the trim piece and the seat pattern already look sort of different creating more of a general carbon fiber theme in the car rather than a specifically matched carbon fiber finish in various places. The second reason was because the steering wheel is sort of the hero of the interior, the glossy look on it works pretty successfully in regards to popping a little more than the rest of the carbon fiber patterns in the car, and the plastic around the controls on the steering wheel are also somewhat shiny. I went ahead and installed the piece and now every time I get in the car its the first thing I notice, it really does look great. For 16 bucks I think it’s a purchase you can make to see if you like it or not, if you really don’t you can just remove it, worst case scenario you might have to use a little bit of goo-gone but I doubt you’d even need that.

Also if you’re ocd, the only small gripe I had with the part is that the Si logo was a tad off-center, but it’s barely noticeable and not an issue for me since I know that’s just my ocd lol. Still looks great.

And one other thought, if there’s already a bunch of other after market carbon fiber print trim pieces installed like on the center console or around the shift knob then I do think it might look a bit more tacky, I’ll be limiting my interior carbon fiber parts to this, I think it works because it’s still relatively subtle as far as the amount of carbon fiber patterning in the car, there’s the trim pieces on the dashboard and a nice pop on the steering wheel. Just my 2 cents.

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
They sell matte clear coat you could easily spray the piece before putting it on. I’m actually curious now of how it would look

ActiveArch

First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How is it installed? Is if glued? With a screw?
Just a sticker essentially, peel and apply. It’s really strong though, definitely isn’t coming off without some force.

SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Clean the surface with alcohol before you apply the sticker.

I buy these small alcohol wipe pads about a inch square from the Wal Mart pharmacy...like $1.00 a box for 100.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i prefer the glossy cb look. thats one thing i miss about my 9th gen interior. the matte cb looks cheap imo

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The finish (gloss vs. matte) is bearable. I wrapped my gloss black console piece with some glossy carbon vinyl and it looks close enough.

What should really bother everyone's OCD is the carbon pattern going in an opposite direction than the pattern on the OEM trim. Any piece with that going on is an instant no from me. I had to re-wrap my console piece after installing the vinyl with the pattern going the wrong way.
Sponsored