Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
Has anyone installed a CF rear hatch lid on the CTR? I can't seem to find much information on the weight savings and was curious for those that have done it if it was something they would do again?
I had been looking at the seibon lid.
Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon Fiber Hatch Lid CTR 1605884804000
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Isn't that the wrong end to be removing weight from? Seems like it would make the balance worse. I'd start with removing as much weight as possible from the front before doing this.

OP
OP
QuasarMotors

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
Isn't that the wrong end to be removing weight from? Seems like it would make the balance worse. I'd start with removing as much weight as possible from the front before doing this.
I plan to have a half cage in the back so it will add all the weight back.

Edit: Plus I want to shed as much weight up high as possible.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Depends on what you're trying to do. If you want straight line speed, having as much weight over the front axle is actually going to be beneficial since your acceleration is directly related to the weight over the front axle. For handling characteristics, you want to remove weight as high as possible first then decide if how you want to deal with F/R weight distribution. Remember, removing weight from the front will reduce traction in the front, which isn't really entirely a good thing if you want to accelerate and not understeer. However, removing weight from the front might help achieve a 50-50 weight distribution for cornering.

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
In my oppinion, this swap is good only if the Type R is transformed in a pure track car, like a TCR for example, otherwise it will be unnecessary and even worse for the weight distribution, or maybe it will be good just for the look.
I think you must to consider possible fitment problems and how a carbon fiber lid will close and open and because this CF lid have a less weight compared to a stock one, maybe it will be necessary to change the tailgate support struts.

Last edited:

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I got the trunk lid installed, is like 11 pounds lighter than oem, not big deal but every single pound counts .I wrote the compare somewhere if I found the notes I will posted.

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon Fiber Hatch Lid CTR IMG_1730.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon Fiber Hatch Lid CTR IMG_1844.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon Fiber Hatch Lid CTR IMG_1845.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon Fiber Hatch Lid CTR IMG_1848.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon Fiber Hatch Lid CTR IMG_1849.JPG

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
And no.. I wouldn't doing again, hell no.. in my opinion the fitment is bad, all the accessories does not aligned properly you need to drill holes to open up and then smells bad , like resin , eventually with the time goes off , and you need to replace the gas springs for others with spring rate lower otherwise when you pop up the trunk it open violent all the way up and feels like the FC will crack .

OP
OP
QuasarMotors

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
And no.. I wouldn't doing again, hell no.. in my opinion the fitment is bad, all the accessories does not aligned properly you need to drill holes to open up and then smells bad , like resin , eventually with the time goes off , and you need to replace the gas springs for others with spring rate lower otherwise when you pop up the trunk it open violent all the way up and feels like the FC will crack .
Thank you! I’m surprised but not too surprised about only 11lbs weight reduction with how light body panels are nowadays. Sounds like I will be holding off to see what other companies if any make one
Sponsored