NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Hello guys, there is a machine like Liqui Moly or any brand of cleaning machine that it cleans out the intake/exhaust valve and injector by spraying something through intake box and fuel tank while the engine is idling for few minutes.

Do you guys think it is neccesarry for this modern GDI 1.5T engine?
Worth to try?
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't think we have enough high mileage examples to be sure. The 1.5 is a bit more advanced in that the engine keeps the intake valves open on the piston upstroke (during cruising) which pushes a small amount of fuel out of the combustion chamber and onto the top of the valves. The valves also reportedly rotate to ensure even coverage over time.

There will probably be a small amount of buildup on the valves and runners in a typical stock motor. Is it enough to warrant an induction service? I think you'd need a boroscope to confirm.

On my last car, we used CRC GDI cleaner with great results. The cleaner works as a "degreaser" of sorts to soften buildup at operating temps, which slowly gets removed over the course of a few hundred miles. It's no miracle cure, but as preventative maintenance we found it was effective on the Mazda L3VDT (which was prone to excessive carb buildup).

Alternatively, German owners swear by walnut media blasting. On modern TCDI, it's probably going to be an overkill unless the boroscope turns up excessive deposits. YMMV.

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
I don't think we have enough high mileage examples to be sure. The 1.5 is a bit more advanced in that the engine keeps the intake valves open on the piston upstroke (during cruising) which pushes a small amount of fuel out of the combustion chamber and onto the top of the valves. The valves also reportedly rotate to ensure even coverage over time.

There will probably be a small amount of buildup on the valves and runners in a typical stock motor. Is it enough to warrant an induction service? I think you'd need a boroscope to confirm.

On my last car, we used CRC GDI cleaner with great results. The cleaner works as a "degreaser" of sorts to soften buildup at operating temps, which slowly gets removed over the course of a few hundred miles. It's no miracle cure, but as preventative maintenance we found it was effective on the Mazda L3VDT (which was prone to excessive carb buildup).

Alternatively, German owners swear by walnut media blasting. On modern TCDI, it's probably going to be an overkill unless the boroscope turns up excessive deposits. YMMV.
Thanks man for the insight ??
Sponsored