CARB smog test and mods

SDSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
The Mishi intake says 2017-18 in the carb cert. I'm pretty sure it will fail on a 19 or 20 unless they get the cert updated.
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
The cert stays valid for till the reg for new cars changes. So technically if there were no changes to the engine between a 2018 and a 2020 and regs didn't as well, all good.

If they change mid-model then the newer cars would not be covered under the exemption order. I found this out with my FD3S. I had a march/April 1992 production date, in jul/Aug new rules were put in, but the first 200 cars were already imported and on dealer lots for sale so they got an exemption the Aug/Sept cars didn't.

Carb is weird since they are not car people at all, quite the opposite. We are an affront to their sensibilities. But they are bound by law which every once in a while...fucks them.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The cert stays valid for till the reg for new cars changes. So technically if there were no changes to the engine between a 2018 and a 2020 and regs didn't as well, all good.
Spot-on.

heyheyfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport 2017 6-MT
Country flag
Hey, I have a question on intercoolers if you don't mind. So why does Greddy have their intercoolers carb certified? is it cuz of the Charge pipes?
Hi, I can answer this for you since myself have the greddy intercoolers and did bunch of research. So in CA, it consider to be not carb legal to change the charge pipes... You can google AEM charge pipe for the fk7. Websites will say not carb legal for CA and they won't ship to anyone who live in CA.