Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey, all! New guy here, and I just (finally!) got the ‘everyday’ car of my dreams: a 2019 Crystal Black Pearl Si Coupe! I’ve been watching the development of this Si version for years, and I got a great deal on one. So far, after only a couple of days, I’m loving every bit of it. Maybe I just lucked out, but my car doesn’t have any of the issues other forum members have been discussing (e.g., sub rattle, shifting problems, etc.).

I’d like to modify it with tasteful additions, but most importantly I’d like the engine-related mods to be CARB-legal. However, it seems really difficult to find legal parts. Your expertise and experience is welcomed!

Mod Wishlist thus far:
- Eibach Pro Kit springs (tasteful drop that balances cost with keeping the adaptive dampers support)
- 20mm wheel spacers (I like the stock rims, but just want them to fill out the wheel wells a bit more)
- CARB-legal intake (partially for performance, but mostly just to hear the bypass valve. )
- CARB-legal exhaust (because, yeah, better exhaust. ‘Nuff said.)

Open to thoughts and ideas! Thank you!
Sponsored

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Hey, all! New guy here, and I just (finally!) got the ‘everyday’ car of my dreams: a 2019 Crystal Black Pearl Si Coupe! I’ve been watching the development of this Si version for years, and I got a great deal on one. So far, after only a couple of days, I’m loving every bit of it. Maybe I just lucked out, but my car doesn’t have any of the issues other forum members have been discussing (e.g., sub rattle, shifting problems, etc.).

I’d like to modify it with tasteful additions, but most importantly I’d like the engine-related mods to be CARB-legal. However, it seems really difficult to find legal parts. Your expertise and experience is welcomed!

Mod Wishlist thus far:
- Eibach Pro Kit springs (tasteful drop that balances cost with keeping the adaptive dampers support)
- 20mm wheel spacers (I like the stock rims, but just want them to fill out the wheel wells a bit more)
- CARB-legal intake (partially for performance, but mostly just to hear the bypass valve. )
- CARB-legal exhaust (because, yeah, better exhaust. ‘Nuff said.)

Open to thoughts and ideas! Thank you!
Congrats on your purchase!

To answer a couple of your questions:

FYI: Hondata makes a CARB compliant version of their FlashPro.

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on your purchase!

To answer a couple of your questions:

FYI: Hondata makes a CARB compliant version of their FlashPro.
Thanks for the thorough reply!

1. AEM intake: that thread seems kind old, so, I might just contact AEM myself.
2. K, thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.
3. Oh, awesome! Perfect!

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let us know what you find out :)
For sure.

Also, @Patrik25 has a good stance on their car, but I am wondering, really, how low we can go without issues with the adaptive suspension.

Anyone have any thoughts? One way to examine this is to buy coilovers, and progressively lower until issues arise. I imagine someone has done this at some point.

Patrik25

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic si coupe
Country flag
For sure.

Also, @Patrik25 has a good stance on their car, but I am wondering, really, how low we can go without issues with the adaptive suspension.

Anyone have any thoughts? One way to examine this is to buy coilovers, and progressively lower until issues arise. I imagine someone has done this at some point.
Not anymore I going to install that beasts soon i can't wait
For sure.

I have for now eibach pro-kit but I waiting for sportilne
I didn't touch engine only exhaust magnaflow

Honda Civic 10th gen CARB-legal Mods? 20190430_161458

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not anymore I going to install that beasts soon i can't wait

I have for now eibach pro-kit but I waiting for sportilne
I didn't touch engine only exhaust magnaflow

20190430_161458.jpg
Oh, nice rims! That’ll look really good.

Remember: pics or it didn’t happen!

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
HEY ALL! I HAVE UPDATES FROM AEM AND EIBACH!

AEM said their intakes for our cars are currently being reviewed for CARB certification. As of this time, AEM is just waiting for CARB. Hopefully soon!

EIBACH said they have a couple of Sportline kits in testing, they drop 1.7” Front & 1.9” Rear, and they work perfectly with the ADS!

So, yeah! Hopefully we hear something soon!

Manfully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Country flag
HEY ALL! I HAVE UPDATES FROM AEM AND EIBACH!

AEM said their intakes for our cars are currently being reviewed for CARB certification. As of this time, AEM is just waiting for CARB. Hopefully soon!

EIBACH said they have a couple of Sportline kits in testing, they drop 1.7” Front & 1.9” Rear, and they work perfectly with the ADS!

So, yeah! Hopefully we hear something soon!
Did they have an estimated date of completion?

OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
Doc_Mello

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UPDATE STRAIGHT FROM AEM: “Unfortunately we have not received any information regarding the CARB exemption for these intake kits. At the moment they are still not legal for use in California and other states that follow the California Emissions Laws.”

:oops:
Sponsored