PolloPiccante

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Hey guys im trying to change my downpipe and frontpipe... if i get any catted downpipe will it stay CARB legal? I know for air intakes I had to look for CARB legal ones, but nothing is showing up for downpipes, and any forum says that touching my downpipe is illegal. I also wan to do the hondata CARB flash, any thoughts?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just do the CARB Flashpro, the gains are substantial.

Their dyno shows +25whp and +35tq on the +6 tune.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
no one makes a cali legal down pipe and from what I understand, CARB won't exempt them. you can't even put on a direct replacement catalytic if it isn't a factory part.

CARB doesn't actually care about air quality, otherwise you could take your car to the ref with everything done to it making tons of HP & as long as it passes the sniff test it would be cool.

unfortunately, CARB wants to control what you do to your car, irrespective of the impact(or non-impact) on emissions. thank you bureaucrats.

OP
OP
PolloPiccante

PolloPiccante

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
no one makes a cali legal down pipe and from what I understand, CARB won't exempt them. you can't even put on a direct replacement catalytic if it isn't a factory part.

CARB doesn't actually care about air quality, otherwise you could take your car to the ref with everything done to it making tons of HP & as long as it passes the sniff test it would be cool.

unfortunately, CARB wants to control what you do to your car, irrespective of the impact(or non-impact) on emissions. thank you bureaucrats.
thanks so much im only 19 so i dont have as much control as i wish.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I think we have until 2025 to smog so just mod and enjoy dont worry so much about carbing right now.
I just installed Ktuner + Phearable tune
Mishimoto intake (happens to be carb legal)
Mishimoto intercooler with piping
Next:
PRL downpipe, frontpipe, hks exhaust, Mishimoto oil catch can

Check me out on Instagram: Rone811

Honda Civic 10th gen CARB build 120351632_635247090689179_3982501377416380485_n

0percentapr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have looked extensively for carb parts and here's what I found so far if anyone is still interested.

1. Mishimoto makes a carb legal intake I believe.
2. Greddy type 28 and 31 intercoolers are both carb legal
3. Mitsubishi has a turbo upgrade for the Si (not carb legal) BUT the Hondata carb legal flasher has a carb legal tune for that turbo specifically. Assuming they don't actually look closely at your turbo because it looks OEM, you'll be fine.
4. Downpipes not carb but any catback will be lol, no gains but cool sound

That's pretty much all I could possibly find so far. It'll give you decent power and cooling. I think it should net around 250 tq and 230 hp? My goal is to do that and also get the HFP suspension shocks to fit with my swift springs and then get full sway bar setups and maybe a BBK. Either that or just buy a type R and call it a day.

Edit: saw Hondata say the mitsu turbo should get 250 hp and 275 tq or something on their tune on their site, not sure how accurate it is but they have a dyno.
Sponsored