Car would not unlock this morning (after the trunk opened)! Locked out!

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
My 2016 LX has done this about 3 times since I've had it. Bought it brand new. First time, I panicked because I thought I would need a tow truck and no one to call. Then I tried using my key, alarm went off but car started just fine. It was stupid. Not sure what the problem was. Last summer, started having issues with the AC condenser leak and sometimes my car won't reverse and the parking brake light is on even though I don't use the parking brake. Frustrating. This car was supposed to be given to my daughter but with these issues, not sure if it's safe to since I don't know much about cars and her dad doesn't live in town to help if she needed it. :( Oh one of my keys also died. Replaced battery, nothing worked. Took it to the dealer and the parts dept told me I would need to buy a new key. WTF?? I can't afford to buy a new key every time it dies. This was the first time replacing the battery too.
Sponsored

sonny

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Civic
Country flag
Last summer I had a similar issue. Worked fine until one day I got home after work and the car wouldn't lock.....ok strange....so checked to make sure the doors are all closed, yep.....try again, nothing. Went in the house and replaced the battery in the fob....nothing. Odd. Got my spare key and tried it and it worked fine. Tried the main key again and it started working fine. I put it down to maybe some glitch in the remote system. Its never happened since though.
I had same issue last night with 2016 civic ex. Opened trunk and closed it then went to open car door with key fob and nothing. Tried opening trunk, nothing. 4 orange lights solidly lit. Had to use physical key to open door. After starting car w fob, everything normal again.