Car won’t start

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
This. Batteries aren't what they used to be. Especially economy batteries from walmart. Whenever a car won't start, it's 99.9% the battery.

I agree,
If car don't start= engine won't run= steering wheel is "hard " to turn, because no vacuum.
Steering wheel are not locket, just a lack of vacuum
Sponsored

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Steering is locked.!!! You nephew mess something, you'll see when back to home, Just turn steering wheel a bit to unlock
Do you know what size wrench or whatever tool it is that i need to remove my battery?

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
UPDATE: Got home Sunday evening and before I even unpacked my bags, I went straight to my garage and tried to start the car. first try, the car wouldn't start. I let it try to crank over for a few seconds. nothing but the noise of it wanting to start. I turned it off, took out the key, stuck back in the key, turned it back on. I cranked it and it sounded like it was wanting to turn over so I just let it until it started. stepped on the gas a bit, not sure if I was supposed to do that. Pulled car out of the garage and left the car on. Picked up my dog, without turning off the car in case it didn't start back up. Came home and parked the car in garage. After about an hour I went back to start it up, and it started up with no problem. Haven't had any issues with it not starting up. I don't know why my car did that. It only sat for a couple of days. Prior to that, it sat for a week when I was on another vacation a few weeks prior. I texted my ex husband and all he said was that it was good that the car started back up. I was hoping he'd probably say what MIGHT be wrong with my car that caused it to not start. But we'll see if this happens again in the future, which I hope it doesn't! Thanks for all your help on here. :) I'm a happy gal now.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
UPDATE: Got home Sunday evening and before I even unpacked my bags, I went straight to my garage and tried to start the car. first try, the car wouldn't start. I let it try to crank over for a few seconds. nothing but the noise of it wanting to start. I turned it off, took out the key, stuck back in the key, turned it back on. I cranked it and it sounded like it was wanting to turn over so I just let it until it started. stepped on the gas a bit, not sure if I was supposed to do that. Pulled car out of the garage and left the car on. Picked up my dog, without turning off the car in case it didn't start back up. Came home and parked the car in garage. After about an hour I went back to start it up, and it started up with no problem. Haven't had any issues with it not starting up. I don't know why my car did that. It only sat for a couple of days. Prior to that, it sat for a week when I was on another vacation a few weeks prior. I texted my ex husband and all he said was that it was good that the car started back up. I was hoping he'd probably say what MIGHT be wrong with my car that caused it to not start. But we'll see if this happens again in the future, which I hope it doesn't! Thanks for all your help on here. :) I'm a happy gal now.
If that’s the case then you might want to check your battery connections. Just pop the hood and check for any corrosion on the terminals or loose connections. You might just need to tighten up the post clamps to make sure you got a good connection because if it is just a little loose then it will cause weak starts or even intermittent starts.

OP
OP

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
If that’s the case then you might want to check your battery connections. Just pop the hood and check for any corrosion on the terminals or loose connections. You might just need to tighten up the post clamps to make sure you got a good connection because if it is just a little loose then it will cause weak starts or even intermittent starts.
I'll check those later today. thank you