legitness_fc1civic

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Every few times when I do WOT car goes into like a safe/limp mode, no power acceleration past 40-45km/hr, boost cut feel, the dash lights come up like “check engine light, check brake hold, system error etc” like the usual lights when you’re re-flashing your car with Ktuner,
feels like I blew an intercooler hose clamp.
My mods are:
-PRL flex fuel kit
-27WON W1 turbocharger
-27WON cold air intake (Street MAF)
-PRL front & down pipe
- INJEN front mount intercooler
- spark plug gapped to 26 - should be 27?
-KTUNER v1.2 using the (Dual stage starter 21 psi)
Car is running at least 20% mixture of E85 and 98 octane. This problem is ongoing with E85 in the fuel system.
would I need a proper dyno tune to let the car run safe with mixture of the two fuels?
Ktuner error codes doesn’t show the info error code just only shows the colour of what caused it.(refer to picture)

Honda Civic 10th gen Car went into safe/limp mode 60A8FF49-BE1D-40B8-BC8A-21081327B052
Sponsored

OP
OP
legitness_fc1civic

legitness_fc1civic

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
What's the context of this build? Any new parts added recently? Is this a sudden issue, or recurring?
Trying to achieve more power, so problem occurs if I drive WOT (drag race situation)

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You're running the W1 turbo, FBOs and flex fuel on a base dual 21 starter map???

Post up a datalog and someone will check it out (I only read datalogs from people who've posted in my tune reliability thread).

"Constantly drive WOT (drag race situation)"

I can tell you from running my thread for a couple years this has the makings of a disaster. Drive chill for a bit while you diagnose the problem. Get the actual error code (I'm assuming you have a check engine light), not the readiness status.

Last edited:

Riknos

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8, 2004 S2000, 2019 FK6
Country flag
pre made maps are garbage, should already get a custom map suited to your exact engine health, fuel choice, mods, requirements etc

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase