Car Wash Warning!!!

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
So many people in this thread saying hand wash only, no automatic car washes ever etc. Well, for some of us in certain parts of the country, that's just not an option. Winters can see below freezing temperatures for weeks or months along with lots of salt and/or sand placed on the road. Automatic car washes are our only choice. I will trade a few swirl marks over just letting the salt sit on my car.
Sponsored

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the winter I pretty much only use touchless, I don't need the car to look show car good, just not covered in layers of dirt and grime all the time.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I just take mine through a touchless car wash every so often. It's gotten so many rock chips at this point there's not point in trying to fight and keep the daily driver show car clean :p Car washes go up during the winter season though to get rid of salt...

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
Handwash all my vehicles!!!!

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Handwash all my vehicles!!!!
I see you are from Mass. what do you do in the winter? Based on your list of mods, I'm assuming your CTR isn't a daily driver?

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
So many people in this thread saying hand wash only, no automatic car washes ever etc. Well, for some of us in certain parts of the country, that's just not an option. Winters can see below freezing temperatures for weeks or months along with lots of salt and/or sand placed on the road. Automatic car washes are our only choice. I will trade a few swirl marks over just letting the salt sit on my car.
You could always just use pressure washer and foam cannon without hand washing to get most of dirt/salt/grime off. It would take you probably 10 minutes tops. This would prevent swirls and its easy to do. I have simply pressure washed car without soap and that does the job as well, but if you use foam cannon and soap it would be even cleaner. Nothing like hand washing though. I ceramic coated my car and hand-wash every week but I live in south Florida so its nice to do it outside.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You could always just use pressure washer and foam cannon without hand washing to get most of dirt/salt/grime off. It would take you probably 10 minutes tops. This would prevent swirls and its easy to do. I have simply pressure washed car without soap and that does the job as well, but if you use foam cannon and soap it would be even cleaner. Nothing like hand washing though. I ceramic coated my car and hand-wash every week but I live in south Florida so its nice to do it outside.
I don't know what winters are like in south Florida, but in upstate NY 10 minutes outside can get you frostbite.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
I don't know what winters are like in south Florida, but in upstate NY 10 minutes outside can get you frostbite.
And that's in addition to the high taxes you pay. I would move, but that's me.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
I am impressed the spoiler didn't break off or lift with that type of force pulling on it.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
The Honda dealership wanted to run my CTR through their car wash after a maintenance visit and I asked them if they had washed a CTR before mine. Five minutes later a tech came over and said they have tried it before but it got stuck on the wing, so that was a no go from me.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
The Honda dealership wanted to run my CTR through their car wash after a maintenance visit and I asked them if they had washed a CTR before mine. Five minutes later a tech came over and said they have tried it before but it got stuck on the wing, so that was a no go from me.
Don't let dealerships wash your car. Period.