First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
Hey guys

I just pick up a 2019 fk8 and wanted to keep it clean but something unforeseeable happened!!

The machine got caught on my rear spoiler and pulled my car back until the cloth broke off in my spoiler.

Damage is now a misaligned trunk.
Pics don’t do justice but the place has offered to pay to have a body shop realign it!

I am hoping it isn’t going to be too bad to fix.

Goal of this thread-
Beware of car washes catching your rear spoiler.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Wash Warning!!! 80C362AE-9BBE-4273-AE8B-9BFB8CC0DAC9

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Wash Warning!!! 3E376679-D71E-49EF-A3F6-16131C681718

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Wash Warning!!! 02357E4C-1471-4E56-ADA1-298ECE1928FE

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Wash Warning!!! 8C68A810-9E7A-4AB4-8AFD-01047CDECDCC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Cloth? I'm guessing it wasn't a touch free car wash. Touch free wash for me if I can't do it myself. Hope you get it fixed.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
wow, noticed you are on long island too, where is the car wash? Thanks for the heads up. Generally hate car washes but sometimes there is no way around it. Guess I will just skip them all together now.

Overeazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch *Sold*
Country flag
Yeah, never take a car you care about through a car wash like that. You don't know what filthy pos went through before you and you know they probably never clean those brushes. Also any scratches or damage is totally on you. Take the time to hand wash unless it's a beater.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Touchless car washes only. You found out why.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
When I bought my Type R, I knew car wash tunnels were a No-Go.

There are so many areas where mechanical equipment from the washers can accidentally attach and pull panels off the car.

OP
OP

civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
wow, noticed you are on long island too, where is the car wash? Thanks for the heads up. Generally hate car washes but sometimes there is no way around it. Guess I will just skip them all together now.
lakeland ave in Bohemia
nice place and I have went thru before with no issues.

Just met another type R the day before with full bolt ons and a tune. Not many on Long Island.

OP
OP

civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
Yeah, never take a car you care about through a car wash like that. You don't know what filthy pos went through before you and you know they probably never clean those brushes. Also any scratches or damage is totally on you. Take the time to hand wash unless it's a beater.
Touchless car washes only. You found out why.
When I bought my Type R, I knew car wash tunnels were a No-Go.

There are so many areas where mechanical equipment from the washers can accidentally attach and pull panels off the car.
Don't take anything through a scratch o matic.
LEARNED MY LESSON THE HARD WAY!

Looks like hand wash and a nice detailer it is

Evo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer Evolution
Country flag
Unless you have corrosive material on the car it's not going to hurt it to simply not wash it. We never wash a few of our cars and my uncle has a 2009 Silverado that has for sure never been washed, kept outside and the paint looks great except for of course some rust in the rocker areas undoubtedly from road salt.

Last summer a red type r had swirls all over it sitting inside the showroom floor.

Your going to want to hand wash the wheels of brake dust and I'm not saying an extremely careful hand wash is a bad idea but overall washing a car is mostly pointless if it's not covered in tree sap or bird crap or salt etc.

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
lakeland ave in Bohemia
nice place and I have went thru before with no issues.

Just met another type R the day before with full bolt ons and a tune. Not many on Long Island.
Hopefully they take of you. Yeah I haven’t seen to many either. Mine is mostly stock

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Unless you have corrosive material on the car it's not going to hurt it to simply not wash it. We never wash a few of our cars and my uncle has a 2009 Silverado that has for sure never been washed, kept outside and the paint looks great except for of course some rust in the rocker areas undoubtedly from road salt.

Last summer a red type r had swirls all over it sitting inside the showroom floor.

Your going to want to hand wash the wheels of brake dust and I'm not saying an extremely careful hand wash is a bad idea but overall washing a car is mostly pointless if it's not covered in tree sap or bird crap or salt etc.
Exhaust ahes, brake dust, rain are acid and will eat through your clear coat.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
NO Car wash !! hand wash only, or you WILL get Car wash swirl marks in your clear coat.

Hand car washing is therapeutic, very satisfying, you don't get the paint damaged, and it is a good time to go over the car's surfaces in detail, to find any areas that have got damaged, especially by road debris etc.

Admiring your hand detailed car, knowing you did it, is one of the many pleasures of owning a GenX Honda .

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Touchless car wash does nothing to get the dirt that sits on the surface. I've done it with a foam cannon and still need the sponge to pick up dirt that doesn't get picked up by the soap.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
the paint on my Type R suck, AND i am assuming it sucks for everyone.
Do you self a favor, but a bucket, and shampoo, and do it yourself. You probably have quite a few scratches, that aren't apparent yet.
Sponsored