ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Has anyone with an aftermarket front lip and/or front splitter with rods went thro an automatic assembly line style car wash??

it’s not recommend to get your car wash by Those because the brushes used aren't properly maintained. Which are essentially like slapping your car with a dirty mop, causing hundreds of deep micro scratches called swirl marks.

But how’s the condition of the front lip after going through that wash? Stay tight and secure? Asking for a friend.
Sponsored

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
Contactless car wash? Can’t help for the front lip

NickSyp

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport 2020
Country flag
Contact car washes do damage clear coat and paint very easily, but most of the time do not cause damage to splitters from what I know. You're more likely to lose something like an antenna or a rear wiper blade before having your splitter damaged. A good majority of the brushes and cloth curtains in car washes do not usually touch the bottom front end of the car much at all so I wouldn't worry about it being ripped off or anything.

If you do really care about your paint, go through a touchless wash and follow up with regular hand washes if possible.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
A lot of car washes have rails that guide the left side tires, & the rails may scrape the bottom of a splitter or spoiler. Or scratch alloy wheels. This could pertain to brush washes & touchless. Best advice is don't go through a car wash. If you live in an apartment & therefore can't hand wash your car then take it to a DIY car wash.

HomieGohan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1999 Civic Hatch NDF Style
Country flag
Shouldn't be putting the through any car wash that does any type of touching. 2nd if the rods are placed correctly to the CHASSIS as they're suppose too I would assume something would bend first before breaking.

OP
OP
ATM

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Decided not to risk it. Tried out Chemical guys Waterless car wash For the first time. ...And I’m sold!
Its good for if you:
-Don’t have access to water, or want save couple gallons of water, no use of buckets and sponges. Cost effective.
-want to wash your car inside the garage if it’s going to rain
-window, sunroof or convertible top is broken and need to wash your car.

Can pretty much clean your car anywhere with this in the trunk. Spray it on a section at a time. Give it a minute to bind with the dirt and grime. Wipe off. Then I finished it off with ChemGuys Blazin banana.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash vs front lip/splitter 71C86FE8-7BD9-43BB-9F22-8B9DB86CFE40

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash vs front lip/splitter 43FC3315-A8FA-4A66-91D2-89B8CD6F79A2

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash vs front lip/splitter E8B2BEF4-B98C-4B1F-8292-27B50D32C551

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash vs front lip/splitter 3A1B5A27-19C5-454B-95A7-474ED0FBCF23

Archie

First Name
Cj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic coupé lx 2017
Country flag
You could always have your car ceramic coated by yourself with turtle guys products or chemical guys. Will be easier the next washes
Sponsored