Car wash scratched my car, how to fix these scratches?

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
a few ways you can fix that. take it to a pro and have them polish it. of you can buy the machine and stuff to do it yourself . investing in the machine and stuff is usually worth it for those that intend to do it more than once .
I don't plan on going to that one again. I bought this solution off of Amazon but haven't had the time to try it yet. Now that time has passed, it doesn't bother me as much, considering I already have a whole bunch of paint chips haha. Planning to buy a paint pen or something and touching those up soon as well.
Sponsored

mercurboy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Mazda 6
Country flag
You can polish out the scratches with a decent polish and buffer and I will recommend the only thing - Forget about car washing services and clean your car at home. Yes, it will take more time but you can clean your car as you wish and use the chemicals that you like. Also, you can buy a cheap power washer to use it for car washing. You can take a look at the Best Pressure Washers Under ÂŁ100 that you can use for different purposes.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can polish out the scratches with a decent polish and buffer and I will recommend the only thing - Forget about car washing services and clean your car at home. Yes, it will take more time but you can clean your car as you wish and use the chemicals that you like. Also, you can buy a cheap power washer to use it for car washing. You can take a look at the Best Pressure Washers Under ÂŁ100 that you can use for different purposes.
Well I live on the second floor of an apartment, and there really isn't a place I can use a pressure washer haha

David16touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic touring, 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of the reasons I don’t go to an automatic car wash. Just think of how many cars they scrubbed down during the “pre wash”. Cars come in filthy and then they just smear that same dirt onto your car. Who knows how many times they clean those brushes or even the automatic car wash rotating brushes.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One of the reasons I don’t go to an automatic car wash. Just think of how many cars they scrubbed down during the “pre wash”. Cars come in filthy and then they just smear that same dirt onto your car. Who knows how many times they clean those brushes or even the automatic car wash rotating brushes.
Yeah, I actually had some time today so I went to those hand car washes you put quarters into

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I don't plan on going to that one again. I bought this solution off of Amazon but haven't had the time to try it yet. Now that time has passed, it doesn't bother me as much, considering I already have a whole bunch of paint chips haha. Planning to buy a paint pen or something and touching those up soon as well.
Sounds like you just keep coming up with excuses as to why you can't do this or that. Oh well just take the scratches as they are and live with them. 8/10 times paint pens don't look all that great. Also if you plan on polishing/using compound/ doing any paint correction by hand, you're going to have a bad time. You'll spend hours upon hours trying to fix minuscule scratches. A machine could sort it out in a fraction of the time.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like you just keep coming up with excuses as to why you can't do this or that. Oh well just take the scratches as they are and live with them. 8/10 times paint pens don't look all that great. Also if you plan on polishing/using compound/ doing any paint correction by hand, you're going to have a bad time. You'll spend hours upon hours trying to fix minuscule scratches. A machine could sort it out in a fraction of the time.
[/QUOTE}

Okay Genius, tell me how the hell I'm supposed to wash my car in the middle of an apartment parking lot full of cars? I had time so I went to a hand wash place, used the polish, and the scratches are gone. I'm using the paint pen to fix rock chips, what else do you suggest, paint my car again??

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Glad the polish worked and the scratches are gone!

There seems to be some debate on the thread :) I have had good luck in the past removing isolated small scratches by hand.... it can be a bit of a workout... but it is completely doable.

I do a full hand wash / detail several times a year. My 'weapon of choice' for sealer is Klasse All in One. If it's the dead of winter, or I just have other things I would rather spend my weekend on I use a touchless. Back when I lived in an apartment I just always used a touchless..

I find that car detailing can quickly turn into a hobby all on it's own. For some that's great fun and can be very rewarding. I do really enjoy the results when I carve out the time... but am totally fine using the touchless when it's convenient.

I never let the dealer wash it. The scratches I had to polish out (this was years ago / a different car) were created by the dealer new car prep process!

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Glad the polish worked and the scratches are gone!

There seems to be some debate on the thread :) I have had good luck in the past removing isolated small scratches by hand.... it can be a bit of a workout... but it is completely doable.

I do a full hand wash / detail several times a year. My 'weapon of choice' for sealer is Klasse All in One. If it's the dead of winter, or I just have other things I would rather spend my weekend on I use a touchless. Back when I lived in an apartment I just always used a touchless..

I find that car detailing can quickly turn into a hobby all on it's own. For some that's great fun and can be very rewarding. I do really enjoy the results when I carve out the time... but am totally fine using the touchless when it's convenient.

I never let the dealer wash it. The scratches I had to polish out (this was years ago / a different car) were created by the dealer new car prep process!
Yeah I'm gonna start using a touchless. Maybe I'm not doing it right, because my car wasn't really clean after I did it. I did all the steps but the brush. and dried my car off afterwards, but it just didn't look the same as when I went through the automatic car washes. Idk, I think I'll buy like a sponge or something and use that next time I go haha.

bautistasamuel

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
The scratches are not too deep. So, you can try a scratch remover. Recently, I used a scratch remover by Carfidant. It worked for me.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
i have to agree with this

either wash it yourself or live with the imperfections

touch less car washes are touch less because they use harsh chemicals. it’s better than a traditional car wash but you are still going to notice faster degradation of any protection you have on the car

learn to do a quick rinseless wash, use a spray sealant or spray wax of sorts to protect the car

even then, you’ll have to live with some imperfections

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i have to agree with this

either wash it yourself or live with the imperfections

touch less car washes are touch less because they use harsh chemicals. it’s better than a traditional car wash but you are still going to notice faster degradation of any protection you have on the car

learn to do a quick rinseless wash, use a spray sealant or spray wax of sorts to protect the car

even then, you’ll have to live with some imperfections
Already went to one of those hand wash places. Didn't use the brush though, just used the soap gun and the water gun.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
Already went to one of those hand wash places. Didn't use the brush though, just used the soap gun and the water gun.
how was it? my understanding is that those places are touchless because they use harsh chemicals that will strip any protection you have on the car

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
how was it? my understanding is that those places are touchless because they use harsh chemicals that will strip any protection you have on the car
I went to those ones where you pay like $2.00 for 5 minutes and you do it yourself.
Sponsored