First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Couple of pics from this morning.

We had snow last week and the car was pretty dirty. I power washed then foamed. A dry car is recommended for the foam (foam will run on a wet car).

As previously noted, while Griot’s Boss Foam Cannon works great and is made with quality materials, I like the ease of simply attaching the foam wash bottle directly to the cannon and also the ease of switching between products.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations 7ACB107F-2FD2-4B5C-AF24-6C58230EF67C

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations 5BDCB338-8B76-48E8-9EEC-5512A5064405

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
So you power wash, then let dry ... And then foam it?
Typically, If the car is really dirty, I’ll power wash then hand wash. If the car is just average dirty, I’ll foam the dry car. I’ll typically follow the wash with spraying (using the foam cannon) Griot’s Poly Gloss.

A very wet car doesn’t seen to let the foam dwell on the car which reduces its cleaning effectiveness.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
For those that do not have regular access to a hose or do not want to deal with pulling a pressure washer out all of the time. This little guy has been clutch for me.

Modded IK Foam 1.5 Sprayer.

Mini rechargeable air compressor + schrader valve = no manual pumping in a compact package.

IMG_7121.jpg

This was after a single pass with IGL Ecoclean Wash. Still getting it dialed but can definitely get it much thicker depending on how much I use per panel or if I refill the sprayer for a second pass.

IMG_1042.JPG
Wanna say Thank You million times. This is one of my most favorite mods ? So much that i also did this mod to my household sprayer and omg its amazing that it can reach an amazing height.

So to confirm it, r u using 3 bar with ur IK? i tried mine up to 2.5 with water for testing, and it didn't even hiss at all and it seems to be good enough.

Tomek

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1994 Honda Civic EX K20a
Country flag
Wanna say Thank You million times. This is one of my most favorite mods ? So much that i also did this mod to my household sprayer and omg its amazing that it can reach an amazing height.

So to confirm it, r u using 3 bar with ur IK? i tried mine up to 2.5 with water for testing, and it didn't even hiss at all and it seems to be good enough.
Of course! Thanks to the dude in that youtube vid. It solved a challenge for me since I currently live in a place with an indoor parking garage and no easy access to routinely wash it outside of going to a self-spray wash where I don't trust the soap on my ceramic coating.

Confirming that I set mine at 3 bar (43.5 psi) as suggested in the vid. Haven't deviated from that setting.

In terms of other uses, it's funny that you say that because I similarly look for any excuses to use the sprayer for other household tasks. It's pretty fun to use. My gf just purchased a pump sprayer for watering her plants, totally convincing her to let me mod it. :)

Last edited: