ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Amazon swiftJet. No pressure washer needed. Connects to hose.
This video of its first use. When you play around with the settings you can get super suds.
Sponsored

Attachments

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
This:
Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations A4E9BC48-638A-46B1-83ED-F5D3894CE75E

a large natural sea sponge, a garden hose, a leaf blower and some micro fibre wiping towels to get the remaining water that hides every where on these cars.

Dipz

First Name
Dipz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Type R
Country flag
Like 3 other people said, the Trinova for $30 from Amazon does a good job once you put the adjustment right with your chemical.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations BA76F677-D137-4026-BCBE-62960FE8D844

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I got the MATCC for the garden hose off Amazon. I was exceptionally happy with it. Did two cars this past weekend and my dog. Best, quickest, easiest bath for a long hair dog I've ever done. Wow! So great as getting the shanpoo through the fur and down to the skin and for washing it out.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
So I bought a Griot's garden hose one and it absolutely blows. Basically worthless. So I bought a pressure washer one to try.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Like 3 other people said, the Trinova for $30 from Amazon does a good job once you put the adjustment right with your chemical.
Don’t like the Griots Garage product?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
So I bought a Griot's garden hose one and it absolutely blows. Basically worthless. So I bought a pressure washer one to try.
The GG Boss Foam Cannon (for a pressure washer) works really well, SS materials and their foam wash and other product bottles attach directly to the foam cannon (no transferring product to the cannon bottle, no mixing) simplifying use, especially when you are doing multiple cars and swapping between products. Not sure it’s worth the delta to the other pressure washer units (haven’t tried them) but it is a quality product and works great.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
The GG Boss Foam Cannon (for a pressure washer) works really well, SS materials and their foam wash and other product bottles attach directly to the foam cannon (no transferring product to the cannon bottle, no mixing) simplifying use, especially when you are doing multiple cars and swapping between products. Not sure it’s worth the delta to the other pressure washer units (haven’t tried them) but it is a quality product and works great.
I just bought the pressure washer foam cannon from AutoZone. It's some generic brand sorta one but it gets good reviews on their site.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
I just spent a few days researching pretty deep into this exact subject. I found a few videos on youtube that were helpful in really visualizing the difference in foam production that a still image doesn't provide. Anyone saying that their garden hose foam cannon works just as well as a pressure washer foam cannon is fooling themselves or hasn't actually seen what a pressure washer does to compare. You should not be able to tell what color the car is once applied. It's night and day.

Anyway, what my many hours have led me to understand is that there are very few components that go into how a foam cannon operates, and a lot of how it foams comes from the type and ratio of soap you use. There's absolutely no need to spend $80 on a foam cannon. 90% of the parts are identical between units.

Instead, buy any ole cheap foam cannon from Amazon (the TriNova or any other; I bought one that was $18 and change). Next, buy this smaller diameter orifice (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R6KFQ6H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and install it by (1) removing the quick-connect using a wrench, and (2) removing the "old" orifice with a standard screwdriver and installing the new one. It's a $8 part and 2 minutes of your time for 100% better results that will give you the same results as the $80 model without having to spend close to that.

The last part is just figuring out your ratios and nozzle opening. Personally I've only used the CG Watermelon but this is what has worked for me so far:

- 2oz of soap then add water until 1/2 full
- fully open the top screw (full foam)
- barely open the nozzle

It's like you covered your car in whipped cream.

Check out this video showing the quick installation of the smaller orifice. I'd ignore the guy's fill method and spray procedure (though he does still get decent coverage despite the overspray - notice you can't tell the car is red under the foam), but ymmv:

Last edited:

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
These are both using the same Griot's soap, and the same ratio.

Griot's foam gun:

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations IMG_20210410_164445712_HDR

Generic AutoZone foam gun:

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations IMG_20210413_174115566_HDR

Last edited:

Tomek

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1994 Honda Civic EX K20a
Country flag
For those that do not have regular access to a hose or do not want to deal with pulling a pressure washer out all of the time. This little guy has been clutch for me.

Modded IK Foam 1.5 Sprayer.

Mini rechargeable air compressor + schrader valve = no manual pumping in a compact package.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations IMG_7121

This was after a single pass with IGL Ecoclean Wash. Still getting it dialed but can definitely get it much thicker depending on how much I use per panel or if I refill the sprayer for a second pass.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations IMG_1042.JPG

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
For those that do not have regular access to a hose or do not want to deal with pulling a pressure washer out all of the time. This little guy has been clutch for me.

Modded IK Foam 1.5 Sprayer.

Mini rechargeable air compressor + schrader valve = no manual pumping in a compact package.

IMG_7121.jpg

This was after a single pass with IGL Ecoclean Wash. Still getting it dialed but can definitely get it much thicker depending on how much I use per panel or if I refill the sprayer for a second pass.

IMG_1042.JPG
I just got my IK in mail, and already ran it once with water since its been raining all week here. So, mind share how the mod is done and how to use it. so, u don't nt need to pump any more?

Tomek

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R | 1994 Honda Civic EX K20a
Country flag
I just got my IK in mail, and already ran it once with water since its been raining all week here. So, mind share how the mod is done and how to use it. so, u don't nt need to pump any more?
I followed the instructions in the below video. It will outline everything you need to do.

Correct. No more pumping. You can set the compressor to a fixed air pressure (3 bar) and it will help maintain pressure at that level when being used. It's pretty game changing!

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
I followed the instructions in the below video. It will outline everything you need to do.

Correct. No more pumping. You can set the compressor to a fixed air pressure (3 bar) and it will help maintain pressure at that level when being used. It's pretty game changing!

That's exactly why I picked IK for the portability. This is a great setup, Thanks for sharing!!
Sponsored