Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I have used this for years. It’s amazing. Not just with washing cars but also washing my dogs. It doesn’t require a pressure washer.

https://www.amazon.com/MATCC-Blaste...&keywords=hose+foam+gun&qid=1617740268&sr=8-4
Same company, but different product for me:
https://www.amazon.com/MATCC-Blaste.../B086GB6V4T/ref=psdc_9425932011_t2_B07JMYPWP4
This one has been working great for me for 2 years now. In terms of methods, I use a 1750 psi electric pressure washer. First step is a high pressure rinse, then foam gun, then flood the paint with a wide open garden hose (no attachments), then 2 bucket wash, flood paint again, leaf blower to dry, drying towel to get the places the leaf blower can't. This method seems to do a good job of minimizing swirls. I've been doing it this way on my wife's car since 2014, and it's still in pretty good shape.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Thanks for all the inputs, after reviewing all the options, I would like to see more on Foam Sprayer/Gun that works with garden hose. Trying to make it a small and simple weekend event :)

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Thanks for all the inputs, after reviewing all the options, I would like to see more on Foam Sprayer/Gun that works with garden hose. Trying to make it a small and simple weekend event :)
The ones that attach to a garden hose arent all that great. Better off getting something like an IK Foam Pro 2

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ones that attach to a garden hose arent all that great. Better off getting something like an IK Foam Pro 2
I really like mine. Works great. LOTS of suds. I usually cover the area I’m going to work on with suds, then rub with a soapy rag. Not sure why one from a compressor would work better.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Thanks, and I just placed an order. I also like its portability. So i can use it elsewhere.
Now, what would be a good mixture ratio for water and Meguiars car wash detergent (mine is the purple one), for a 40oz mixture?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Thanks, and I just placed an order. I also like its portability. So i can use it elsewhere.
Now, what would be a good mixture ratio for water and Meguiars car wash detergent (mine is the purple one), for a 40oz mixture?
Depends on the brand of soap. You can try a 1:5 dilution ratio to start

Telly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatch
Country flag
I use a foam cannon I got off Amazon for ~$25. Adam’s Polishes mega foam is kinda expensive, but so worth it in my opinion. I get them thicc suds. I’m also just a whore for Adam’s Polishes lol. Start using their products at your own risk. I have about 15 gallons of products, and the only car I detail is my own hatch
Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations D6C46C0D-7272-42AE-BC18-0ED8112F57E8

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Chemical guys also has one the doesn't require a pressure washer
I use this one and really like it. It’s $50, but they always have sales of some type going on. I think I paid $30.
https://www.chemicalguys.com/torq-foam-blaster-6/ACC_326.html
I bought one of these last year, however, after about 3 ~ 4 washes, it started to leak at the quick disconnect. Not sure if the rubber seal is going bad, or the QD itself has a defect.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought one of these last year, however, after about 3 ~ 4 washes, it started to leak at the quick disconnect. Not sure if the rubber seal is going bad, or the QD itself has a defect.
Oh! Dang! I’m going on two summers with mine with zero issues. That sucks.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link