Car wash foam gun or cannon recommendations

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Hoping to spend no more than $50 to get one in a local store, such as AutoZone, OReily, or even Amazon.

Any good recommendation aa there are so many different brands and different types online, i dont know which one to go for.
Sponsored

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Chemical guys also has one the doesn't require a pressure washer

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Do you guys rinse off the car with the pressure washer as well, or just use a hose and sponge ?

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Do you guys rinse off the car with the pressure washer as well, or just use a hose and sponge ?
As far as rinsing goes, i use the pressure washer quickly followed by a leaf blower to dry.

I don't think you want to use a sponge for rinsing since you lose all the lubrication and protection from the soap. My personal rule is not to touch the surface without soap or some other type of lube.

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I got the MTM Hydro 22.2 Foam Cannon and itā€™s great. No issues and everything is solid. Iā€™ve used two other foam cannons from Amazon (MATCC & Tool Daily) and they both broke. Before they broke their nozzle was flimsy and the spray pattern wasnā€™t uniform.

I also got the MTM SGS28 gun and I think it was worth the price. Solid construction and a swivel to help with untangling your hose.
I got the gun and foam cannon from Obsessed Garage.

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
I got the MTM Hydro 22.2 Foam Cannon and itā€™s great. No issues and everything is solid. Iā€™ve used two other foam cannons from Amazon (MATCC & Tool Daily) and they both broke. Before they broke their nozzle was flimsy and the spray pattern wasnā€™t uniform.

I also got the MTM SGS28 gun and I think it was worth the price. Solid construction and a swivel to help with untangling your hose.
I got the gun and foam cannon from Obsessed Garage.
I second this - pretty much my setup, I still use an amazon one for foaming my wheels (brake buster rules!).

I use them in conjunction with a Karcher 1700 pressure washer I customized to meet OG spec, best setup I have ever had at home.