Car suddenly loses power in Comfort mode

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey,

I copied the torque tables from +R into comfort mode and I've noticed in comfort the car feels like it suddenly loses a bunch of torque and it only happens once per gear.

The sensation is like going from 200tq suddenly to 100 without any change in the throttle %

WOT is fine, seems to only happen at partial throttle (I've noticed it around the 20-25% range around 2500-3000rpm initially)

Sport and R mode is fine, only happening in comfort mode.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car suddenly loses power in Comfort mode upload_2019-12-26_8-25-16
Sponsored

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey,

I copied the torque tables from +R into comfort mode and I've noticed in comfort the car feels like it suddenly loses a bunch of torque and it only happens once per gear.

The sensation is like going from 200tq suddenly to 100 without any change in the throttle %

WOT is fine, seems to only happen at partial throttle (I've noticed it around the 20-25% range around 2500-3000rpm initially)

Sport and R mode is fine, only happening in comfort mode.

upload_2019-12-26_8-25-16.png
As a preliminary matter, I'd just copy and paste again from Sport mode to comfort and see if that fixes it.

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
comfort mode changes the throttle response so that you need to press more on the pedal to get the same amount of air flowing through the throttle body compared to sport or +R mode.

You can actually sense this when you switch from sport to comfort while cruising with the pedal pressed down.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
comfort mode changes the throttle response so that you need to press more on the pedal to get the same amount of air flowing through the throttle body compared to sport or +R mode.

You can actually sense this when you switch from sport to comfort while cruising with the pedal pressed down.
The OP is tuned and using Hondata. Since he copied the torque tables from +R mode to Comfort mode, in theory Comfort mode should react like +R mode. Other users have commented that Hondata has suggested not adjusting the torque table for Comfort mode.

doctorbee

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
The OP is tuned and using Hondata. Since he copied the torque tables from +R mode to Comfort mode, in theory Comfort mode should react like +R mode. Other users have commented that Hondata has suggested not adjusting the torque table for Comfort mode.
I believe he did it because he was experiencing lower torque in comfort mode. Lets see what his response is