First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
EDIT: FOUND!!!!!

Hey guys. Unfortunately, my 19 Civic sport sedan was stolen while I was at work last night. As devastated as I am, I am equally as mad at myself due to the fact that I left the keys in the car like an idiot. Walked out of work and realized my keys weren’t in my pocket, and automatically my heart sank. I was told by police that the car thief is possibly a meth head, so that’s always great. Anyways, does my car have any type of tracking ability that would help me find it in anyway? If anyone could let me know, I’d truly appreciate it. My guess is that I’m screwed but I know you guys are super knowledgeable and might know something I don’t. Thanks guys!
Sponsored

Last edited:

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Hey guys. Unfortunately, my 19 Civic sport sedan was stolen while I was at work last night. As devastated as I am, I am equally as mad at myself due to the fact that I left the keys in the car like an idiot. Walked out of work and realized my keys weren’t in my pocket, and automatically my heart sank. I was told by police that the car thief is possibly a meth head, so that’s always great. Anyways, does my car have any type of tracking ability that would help me find it in anyway? If anyone could let me know, I’d truly appreciate it. My guess is that I’m screwed but I know you guys are super knowledgeable and might know something I don’t. Thanks guys!
As far as I know these cars do not come with any sort of Lojack from the factory. I wasn't even offered it as an option when I was taken to the financing office so I don't think any sort of tracking can be done unless you added it yourself.

Nicoqitue

First Name
Habeeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sedan
Country flag

wow the same thing happened to me, I left my keys in the car and parked in front of my job, car was gone in 3 hrs. Luckily the police found the car down 5 blocks away. When I got my car back I checked the dash cam and he just took it for a joy ride. I really hope you found your car and you got it back in the same condition

OP
OP
civic_kid

civic_kid

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
wow the same thing happened to me, I left my keys in the car and parked in front of my job, car was gone in 3 hrs. Luckily the police found the car down 5 blocks away. When I got my car back I checked the dash cam and he just took it for a joy ride. I really hope you found your car and you got it back in the same condition
Dang man glad you got your car back. Luckily I got mine a day after it got stolen. Car came back not as bad as I was expecting it to be with only a few scratches on exterior and some broken interior parts (covered by insurance). Definitely learned a lesson to always be extra careful with my keys from now on, I’m sure you’ve been doing the same lol.

Nicoqitue

First Name
Habeeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sedan
Country flag
Dang man glad you got your car back. Luckily I got mine a day after it got stolen. Car came back not as bad as I was expecting it to be with only a few scratches on exterior and some broken interior parts (covered by insurance). Definitely learned a lesson to always be extra careful with my keys from now on, I’m sure you’ve been doing the same lol.

I upgraded my dash cam and bought a hook to hold my keys to my belt lol
Glad you got it back

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
and bought a hook to hold my keys to my belt
This. I always store my keys on a carabiner, but after I got this car, I was so worried I would leave the keys in the car because I sometimes take off my carabiner when I sit down. I usually do that when I get to work, but still, it freaks me out lol.

cooperer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tesla model 3
Country flag
OMG, it sucks! Dude, I'm very sorry for this. First of all, is there any GPS in your car? If you are not sure, please call the dealer. Some car thieves return the car within a week or so, so that it will not cause major losses. I hope you can get the car back as soon as possible. It is necessary to install a GPS on car, which will provide great help to find the car, especially the hidden type of GPS.

OP
OP
civic_kid

civic_kid

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
OMG, it sucks! Dude, I'm very sorry for this. First of all, is there any GPS in your car? If you are not sure, please call the dealer. Some car thieves return the car within a week or so, so that it will not cause major losses. I hope you can get the car back as soon as possible. It is necessary to install a GPS on car, which will provide great help to find the car, especially the hidden type of GPS.
Hey man, the car was found literally a day later. Inside was trashed, a little scratch on the driver side door, but everything was fully covered by insurance and the car has been as good as new. I should probably buy a gps, as well as a dash cam. Anyways, thanks for the advice!! :)

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
you have to say goodbye to resale value of your car

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
Hey man, the car was found literally a day later. Inside was trashed, a little scratch on the driver side door, but everything was fully covered by insurance and the car has been as good as new. I should probably buy a gps, as well as a dash cam. Anyways, thanks for the advice!!
Glad you got your car back. I recommend a Dash cam as well I have a Dash cam in the civic and the Camaro. I recommend the Viofo A119 V3 it has good night vision and is capable of 1440p quality. Runs about $120. It also blends in if you put it close to the rear view mirror. https://www.amazon.com/VIOFO-A119-1600P-Camera-Logger/dp/B07SRQH4R7/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3K9735XCRDU5S&dchild=1&keywords=viofo+a119+v3&qid=1590028047&sprefix=Viofo+,aps,160&sr=8-3
Sponsored