NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I always have really low knock and a good running car from shell 93, im hoping/guessing its the plugs by the way its acting. well see tomorrow fingers crossed

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Drob recommended starting at .25 on the gap. Im assuming thats going to be a bit on the tight end. I am full bolt ons with upgraded turbo in cole climate running high boost. I thought .26 would be a good starting point since I kind of wanted to set it and forget it. Any help much appreciated. I am going to pick up the plugs soon. I pray that its the plugs. Should I go easy on it at first? or try and hit the high revs that were causing the sputtering to test em out ?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Drob recommended starting at .25 on the gap. Im assuming thats going to be a bit on the tight end. I am full bolt ons with upgraded turbo in cole climate running high boost. I thought .26 would be a good starting point since I kind of wanted to set it and forget it. Any help much appreciated. I am going to pick up the plugs soon. I pray that its the plugs. Should I go easy on it at first? or try and hit the high revs that were causing the sputtering to test em out ?
My advice is do whatever DRob tells you to do. Not sure you're gonna get any better advice from anyone else on here lol

OP
OP
NicKoLi

NicKoLi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Yeah he did say that it was a starting point and to go from there. So Im assuming thats on the low end. Does anyone know the torque specs? The man spark plug set says up to 14 lb but im pretty sure the manual says 16 ft lbs.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah he did say that it was a starting point and to go from there. So Im assuming thats on the low end. Does anyone know the torque specs? The man spark plug set says up to 14 lb but im pretty sure the manual says 16 ft lbs.
A difference of 1-2 ft-lbs is probably better than your wrench accuracy unless you calibrate it often. Set it for 15 lol split the difference

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Full bolt ons , rv6 turbo tuned by rob good shell 93 gas... but back to the issue. I think if anything hopefully its the plugs.. the intake is on fine.

NGK 91784 LKAR8BHX Ruthenium HX Plug

Does anyone know if these will work and with what they come gapped at stock. The oem plugs are not available anywhere nearby and I am freaking out.
I tried these, worked great. You will have to gap as I had .028, .029, and .031 all in the same 4 pack.

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Full bolt ons , rv6 turbo tuned by rob good shell 93 gas... but back to the issue. I think if anything hopefully its the plugs.. the intake is on fine.

NGK 91784 LKAR8BHX Ruthenium HX Plug

Does anyone know if these will work and with what they come gapped at stock. The oem plugs are not available anywhere nearby and I am freaking out.
In my experience, these plugs are NOT gapped for the Civic Si spec. My Ruthenium plugs were gapped to .032 out of the box. This is the appropriate spec for a Nissan GT-R which has these plugs as standard equipment. I gapped mine down to .028-.027 and have had zero problems since installation. I did check the factory plugs on install and found them to be inconsistently gapped at anywhere from .029 all the way to .031, no two were alike.

TL;DR, NGK 91784 plugs are NOT gapped for Civic Si specs out of the box. Do not use/install them without first checking the gap, and use an appropriate tool.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It ended up being the spark plugs or so it seems because the car is running mint now. I replaced them with oem NGK's and gapped them to .26.
time to move onto WMI ! haha glad you solved your issue.
Sponsored