Car shakes coming to a stop

alika94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Honestly I've had this problem for a while but I just kinda ignored it but now I'm tired of ignoring it

I think its done this since I got the car not really sure.

Whenever I come to a sudden stop the car shakes. Pretty badly to the point if anyone else is in the car they're like "wtf?"

I think I saw something on this issue a while ago in the forums, is there a fix for this? Even tho it happens when braking I'm sure its a cvt issue tbh.. it doesn't do this if you just come to a slow/calm stop.
Sponsored

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly I've had this problem for a while but I just kinda ignored it but now I'm tired of ignoring it

I think its done this since I got the car not really sure.

Whenever I come to a sudden stop the car shakes. Pretty badly to the point if anyone else is in the car they're like "wtf?"

I think I saw something on this issue a while ago in the forums, is there a fix for this? Even tho it happens when braking I'm sure its a cvt issue tbh.. it doesn't do this if you just come to a slow/calm stop.
Same with my car. My guess is the CVT transmission lagging.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
...are you talking about the ABS?
Not sure if it's ABS. Coming down a hill and stomping on the brakes will replicate the problem every time. Car feels like it jolts/shutters when you get close to 2 mph. Basically you almost come to a stop and then lighten off the brakes for a smooth stop but the car has an imaginary force still pushing on it.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Not sure if it's ABS. Coming down a hill and stomping on the brakes will replicate the problem every time. Car feels like it jolts/shutters when you get close to 2 mph. Basically you almost come to a stop and then lighten off the brakes for a smooth stop but the car has an imaginary force still pushing on it.
That sounds like the CVT lag.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does this too. I've adjusted my driving style to not ease up on the brake, instead apply less brake pressure and keep it constant until you stop. It's unavoidable I know in some cases. This is the only issue I have with the CVT.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love how smooth the CVT is when you're accelerating in everyday driving. Smoother than most, if not all automatic transmissions. I've also started to avoid heavy braking because of the jolting. My guess is that the CVT's "variable ratio" setup is too slow to adapt to the, all of a sudden, slow speed.

OP
OP

alika94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
So I'm guessing the issue is not fixable and everyone with the 1.5 has it?

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i just realized this problem today when i come to a stop my passenger chair shakes like crazy is that normal every one should try it out make sure your car is in drive and you have your foot on the break with no music and look at the chair

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Just the seat shakes, not the whole car? That's a seat rail issue then.
Well yeah the whole car shakes I guess, but the seat headrest vibrates like 1/4" back and fourth in my car too lol
Sponsored