Car radio screen smudge

everyhappy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX sedan with Sensing
Country flag
Hi all
I hope you guys are staying well during this pandemic.

so today my mom tried to clean my 2016 civic radio screen where it displays rear view camera and display music and what not, she wiped the screen with Clorox anti Bacteria wipe now there is a smudge .... I do not know how to get rid of the smudge and it’s really annoying since it is in the middle. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Or should I get a replacement?
please let me know if you guys experienced it before and get rid of it

Honda Civic 10th gen Car radio screen smudge F23AE387-E071-4BF0-B6E0-3404708BD81D
Sponsored

2020PMM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Type R, 2018Honda CR-V Touring
Country flag
Try a slightly damp (with water) microfiber towel. Just rub the whole screen gently, Go over it several times, may take several dozen times. Do not press very hard or you may leave more marks. Don't use Clorox wipes on any type of screen again. To clean a screen in the future try a good quality dry microfiber towel first. If that does not work try the slightly damp one. Good luck

Venator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
If there was ammonia in the cleaner then I’m sorry to say but that’s a permanent smudge. ?

gkooz

First Name
gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic lx
Country flag
Hi all
I hope you guys are staying well during this pandemic.

so today my mom tried to clean my 2016 civic radio screen where it displays rear view camera and display music and what not, she wiped the screen with Clorox anti Bacteria wipe now there is a smudge .... I do not know how to get rid of the smudge and it’s really annoying since it is in the middle. Does anyone know how to get rid of it? Or should I get a replacement?
please let me know if you guys experienced it before and get rid of it

F23AE387-E071-4BF0-B6E0-3404708BD81D.jpeg

did anyone ever tell you how to get rid of this smudge. I have this same smudge on my 2020 civic lx and it drives me crazy that I have this on my brand new car.