Car on for hours.

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag
Anybody have any ideas what I should/able todo to keep my car nice and cool? I drive for 12 hours a day and it will be running for 6+ hours straight pretty regularly. Its my first real car so I still zip it around. Nothing crazy but I’m definitely driving it. Anything to help take some stress off it in any way?? Thanks
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Cold air intake (PRL Cobra and 27Won are the best) and/or an intercooler. I think that's what you're asking. Also if a CVT, a CVT cooler.

OP
OP

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag
Cold air intake (PRL Cobra and 27Won are the best) and/or an intercooler. I think that's what you're asking. Also if a CVT, a CVT cooler.
Ya I saw the cvt coolers. I guess I could throw one on. I know everybody says the car runs hot but is it the turbo the engine the transmission? All three? Little clueless and just been scanning the forums and was wondering if that would be worth it. Guess it couldn’t hurt. Thanks

OP
OP

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag
What about heat blankets? Do those do anything negligible(did I use that word right) besides make under your hood look ugly

OP
OP

10thgenhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hatch.
Country flag
You seem to be on the thread a lot what about better oil? Make a difference?

KTunedtoStock

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Ya I saw the cvt coolers. I guess I could throw one on. I know everybody says the car runs hot but is it the turbo the engine the transmission? All three? Little clueless and just been scanning the forums and was wondering if that would be worth it. Guess it couldn’t hurt. Thanks
I think what you mean is these cars get heat soaked easily and quickly. When your temperatures are high and you push the car, such as flooring it, youre at a higher risk for detonation. Im not saying it will occur, its just a higher risk. Cold air intake, intercooler, and apparently a CVT cooler would be the way to go if you're looking to keep your temps down. Heat blankets, sure they could help, but not necessary. Changing your oil won't change temps, just stick with what the manufacturer recommends.

Stephen Hunt

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic x
Country flag
I think what you mean is these cars get heat soaked easily and quickly. When your temperatures are high and you push the car, such as flooring it, youre at a higher risk for detonation. Im not saying it will occur, its just a higher risk. Cold air intake, intercooler, and apparently a CVT cooler would be the way to go if you're looking to keep your temps down. Heat blankets like waffle blanket, sure they could help, but not necessary. Changing your oil won't change temps, just stick with what the manufacturer recommends.
Can you tell me from where I can get these things done for my car?

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
If you're moving, it should have no problem cooling itself unless you're really working it hard and/or you're in a really warm environment but that sounds unlikely if you're using it for such a long period each day.

If you're having issues already, I'd start with getting more air through. There's aftermarket grills available that open up a lot more airflow to the front. I'd start there, but the lengths to which you go really depends on how it's being used and whether you're already having issues with temps or not.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
If you're having issues already, I'd start with getting more air through. There's aftermarket grills available that open up a lot more airflow to the front. I'd start there, but the lengths to which you go really depends on how it's being used and whether you're already having issues with temps or not.
If you're not modded, just do this. It's cheap and a pretty easy install.

It made a huge difference when my only mod was a Hondata with the +9 tune. I was getting heat-soaked like crazy and in 100 degree weather it was a nightmare--the grille cooled things down so much, night and day man.

As for turbo blankets. . . go to youtube for the EngineeringExplained video. I don't know why more people don't install these things.

And you could always get a flex fuel kit if you're worried about detonation and want some more power. . .
Sponsored