saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I know it's a movie thread, but I remember some good tv shows with iconic cars. A-team, Hardcastle & McCormick, were my favorites when I was younger.
That’s ok they were a lot of tv shows especially in the 60s and 70s
that were sponsored by auto manufacturers like the big three but every body drove a Ford or Chevy or Chrysler product who ever was sponsoring it when Nightrider came out I was 14 years old I thought it was the greatest TV show with car since dukes of hazard A while ago one of these streaming channels had Nightrider on so I started to watch it :hmm: I’m 52 now I was 14 then
Sponsored

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Definitely a few of those you listed plus Dazed and Confused, the Wraith, World's Fastest Indian, Senna, Love the Beast, Mad Max series, Rush, American Graffiti, the 24 hour War, Riding Bean, the Cannonball Run
Ah, The Wraith! One of my favorite 80's movies. ? I've seen it so many times over the years. Love it.

felixgreene

First Name
greene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda city
Country flag
Some of the movies I've seen, some haven't because it hasn't been updated to my Cinema HD app at Techbigs yet.

Last edited:

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Initial D The Movie. Its a live action movie based on the anime series. Strangely its a hong kong ?? flick and not japanese like the source material.
I just knew this will come up haha. I lived in Hong Kong at the time when it came out. They mixed it alot of Hong Kong Cantonese culture in the movie, wished they had more real mountain drift racing and more authentic japanese culture.

ayeerock

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civc FK7 Sport
Country flag
I just knew this will come up haha. I lived in Hong Kong at the time when it came out. They mixed it alot of Hong Kong Cantonese culture in the movie, wished they had more real mountain drift racing and more authentic japanese culture.
I enjoyed it either way! Much better then Fast and The Furious in my opinion. Can’t speak much on the clash with Cantonese Culture and Japnese culture being Half Chinese/Half Khmer ?

Habanero

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX. 2012 G25
Country flag
Bullitt
The Duel
The Car
The Wriath
Driver
The first 30 min of Fury Road is as good as cinema gets. The rest of the movie is ok.

JClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Country flag
The Art of Racing in the Rain. Its not entirely focused on cars but its worth a watch.

OP
OP
saz468

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
This may be bit of a rant but I’m tired of these Soto superhero or action movies with the heroine with the five o’clock shadow and low key one liners always driving a older mustang usually a 67 Thur 69 or a late sixties muscle car ( usually or always a chevelle) or a newer mustang or challenger rarely a Camaro and the lets save money green screen graphics and the Yamaha DX 7 keyboard to make the bassy sound effects this is a reason I cancelled Netflix and deleted it from my TV I want to see so seventies style car chase movies without the green screen

AlexCaro

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R, LancerX, Yamaha
Country flag
One of my favorite movies is Gone in 60 Seconds. I won't call The Ghost Rider a car movie but it's also a good one.
Sponsored