1.5T Car mechanic from the Honda dealership changes gear before coming to a full stop (CVT)

OP
OP
GermanCivic

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So no one here finds that as bad as I do? I'm not sure if this is acceptable or if I should go to another dealership for my next inspection.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would be pissed if that was my car. Totally unacceptable. People just don't give a crap anymore. I would show that vid to the service manager.

blacklightning.fk8

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a big deal at all.. What do you think a torque converter is there for?
Would like to see how you would of reacted in my place when the dealership installed my brake pads upside down on my Type R :rolleyes:

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that looks like the sketchiest Honda ''mechanic shop'' ever...like WTF?!

Honda Civic 10th gen Car mechanic from the Honda dealership changes gear before coming to a full stop (CVT) 1637070840154

This is what a real Honda mechanic shop should look like:

Honda Civic 10th gen Car mechanic from the Honda dealership changes gear before coming to a full stop (CVT) 1637070939039

OP
OP
GermanCivic

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that looks like the sketchiest Honda ''mechanic shop'' ever...like WTF?!
:D
It is indeed sketchy, they're mostly selling Opel, Alfa Romeo and Fiat but they also have certified Honda mechanics. There are only a few big Honda dealerships in Germany like that.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car mechanic from the Honda dealership changes gear before coming to a full stop (CVT) header-nutzung-automeile-5-1200x669

Remember it's Germany and I live in the hometown of BMW. No one, absolutely no one other than myself drives a Honda were I live.

Not a big deal at all.. What do you think a torque converter is there for?
Thought it could also damage the torque converter....

blacklightning.fk8

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could definitely add super minor wear. Doing this for a long period of time might decrease the longevity of the torque converter in the long run.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
It's literally doing no damage at all. It's not going into a "gear" anyway and he's using no throttle at all. 99% of people do not come to a all out complete stop before switching to drive. This is completely normal.

OP
OP
GermanCivic

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's literally doing no damage at all. It's not going into a "gear" anyway and he's using no throttle at all...
Honda wants to talk to you:

operting the shift lever befor the car came to a complete standstill can damage the transmission

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Welcome to the world where nobody cares about your car as much as you do, and 90% of drivers think they’re the best driver in the worlds.

It blows.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
one time on my old ‘17 touring i was shifting back to d from L (at 45 mph mind you) and pushed too hard into R, car was totally fine.
with the way the cvt works, it just revved the engine way up to let me know that i messed up.
felt like a downshift from fourth to second in terms of engine braking (not breaking).

car drove just the same after for 20k+ miles until i traded up for my Si.

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t think they would have damaged anything, likely super minor wear if any at all. But I believe this was not respectful and they should not be doing this.

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I'm not sure any of you actually watched the video. I can guarantee 99% of you pull out of a parking spot at the store, driveway, whatever, and come to a very slow roll with no throttle and change gears. Hardly nobody comes to a complete stop unless your 75yo and have to stop and look at the shifter. The torque converter absorbs all that shock and then some, the same as if you rolled backwards on a hill before pressing the gas. It's not doing any damage at all, not even the slightest. The car has more stress on the CVT pulling the 3000lb car 70 on the highway than what the tech did.
Sponsored