Car losing heat in cold?

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Old school - In cold weather (South Alabama) and running a 140 F thermostat, when it was below 40 degrees F we'd partially block the radiator to get the temp up quicker. Most Big Rigs have a cover over a portion of the radiator when hauling above the Mason-Dixon line in winter.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
Yeah, the small engine can compete with -20C. Hold the revs around 2000 rpm occasionally while you’re sipping your timmy’s.
Wow such an intellectual mind ????

OP
OP

Gerry

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-L
Country flag
I've personally never had this happen, my car puts out so much heat from the vents it burns and almost feels like it's going to melt the turn signal stalk lmao. Then again where I live it gets cold but not really -4c cold (without wind chill), lowest is usually around 10f, it does go below but uncommon.

Make sure you put it on recirc so you're not heating up ice cold air from the outside, you're progressively heating up heated air from the cabin.

On a side note, starting up your car when it's below freezing is an experience lol. Everything about the car sounds different due to the shrinking, hinges on the car door, the sound it makes when it closes, the starter, the engine, all of that. When it's nice and warm though it's good lol.
It's -14C here, I guess it's Normal according to others
Sponsored