OP
S7N57

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Country flag
This is what they said on the service papers. Apparently the car never got some kind of charge after dealer sold it to me which I've never heard of this before so I'm confused also. If the car does it again I'm getting rid of it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car is faster in eco? Stick shift- IMG_0047
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I just replaced my battery yesterday (less than 1 year old) due to the weak nature of the stock one. I didn't want to deal with any issues once the shit-hot weather gets here.

I can't say for sure if your issues are battery related. But based on other threads where electrical gremlins are suspected; replacing the battery seems to be the first place to start. It seems really counter-intuitive until ya' realize that just about *every single damned thing* is computer controlled; especially all the Sensing stuff, locks, parking brake, etc.

Good luck with it.

Wh1SL3R

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX MT Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
This is what they said on the service papers. Apparently the car never got some kind of charge after dealer sold it to me which I've never heard of this before so I'm confused also. If the car does it again I'm getting rid of it.
Now I'm not an expert but I just had to scrap a car for electrical issues before I bought my Honda. If you have been driving around for the past few weeks, then the battery should have been fully charged by the charging system in the car - regardless if the battery was installed "fully charged" or not.

In my older Subaru, the alternator was replaced twice, 2 new batteries were put in, I replaced all the grounding wires inside the engine bay, removed all electrical accessories and checked all my fuses to see if something was acting funky. It still lost all electrical power while I was on the highway at night during a rain storm with my pregnant wife with me in the passenger seat (that's when I called it quits).

Electrical gremlins are evasive and destructive and cost more in the time spent chasing them than they are worth, IMO. If similar things keep happening to you, I would urge the dealer to either 1) take a close look at the entire electrical system under warranty, or 2) take it back and get you into a new car (likely only viable if you're on a lease).

Good luck

CBR600F4i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
I completely understand what the eco button does but it does completely the opposite. When I turn it off the car feels like a slug. I’m going to take it in to the dealer soon to see what’s going on. It’s not a bad thing but something obviously isn’t normal.

The only reason I’m asking about it here is because I just used it for the first time the other day and was like wtf ‍♂
Yeah maybe the got the wiring reversed on your car lol

OP
OP
S7N57

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Country flag
Appreciate all the replies guys honestly. I love the car and want to keep it just hoping it doesn’t leave me stranded again because it’s a terrible feeling to say the least but I get it shit happens.

Blakehurst777

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Am I losing my mind or does the eco mode feel faster when enabled almost like they have the tune backwards on the 19 civic sport manual? Anyone else experiencing this?
Am I losing my mind or does the eco mode feel faster when enabled almost like they have the tune backwards on the 19 civic sport manual? Anyone else experiencing this?
Hey! I actually experience the same thing on my 2017 EX. I haven’t done any mods to the performance at all, and won’t bc it’s only an EX, but I prefer to drive in ECO mode because it honestly feels a like it performs better and accelerated quicker.
Sponsored