First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe b/c you have a 6MT and not a CVT and because the Eco is slowing down fans and a/c, etc... it gives you extra power that it's robbing from those other places. Are those of you experiencing slow, laggy performance driving CVT's?
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
econ controls more then that, going up hills with cruise control on you will slightly slow down to save gas, slows fan speed and cabin cooling to save gas delays throttle input 20% all the way till 80% throttle to save gas but anything after is normal as if econ is off. now with a cvt trans it will do more to save gas
I thought ECO mode helped the environment by reducing the amount of trees that get chopped down and animals can breath a little easier due to the reduced emissions. ......................

J/K :spaz:

Your post was informative. I didn't know what was happening in eco mode. Thanks for sharing.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe b/c you have a 6MT and not a CVT and because the Eco is slowing down fans and a/c, etc... it gives you extra power that it's robbing from those other places. Are those of you experiencing slow, laggy performance driving CVT's?
I have to press on the gas pedal more/further to get the car going. Other than that, that's about it.
One day at the dragstrip, I was testing some things and was running 14.0-14.1's. I left it in eco mode one of those runs and ran a 14.5. Still was quick, just not as quick as when it was turned off.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just get a KTuner, turn off ECO, and be done.
ECO will still dumb down the throttle even with KTuner, if you so choose.

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here’s a good way I’ve found to feel the difference between regular and Econ mode.

Get the car up to speed, say maybe 40-45 with your car in 4th gear, now turn off Econ mode and you will see your rpms raise a bit and the engine noise will increase.

This will show you how the car does run at a lower rpm while in Econ to save gas, not a huge difference but there is one there

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
OMG! Somebody at the factory screwed up and put an Si drivetrain in your Sport.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I don't think an ECO mode makes much sense on an MT. You have control of the gearing and throttle after all.
With drive by wire, you dont have full control of anything.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Only difference that I notice with econ mode is the A/C blows warm and cruise control doesn’t work right.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Only difference that I notice with econ mode is the A/C blows warm and cruise control doesn’t work right.
Oh, it definitely dulls part throttle response noticeably as well.

OP
OP
S7N57

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Country flag
Okay so my civic broke down on Friday. I went to pick it up at uhaul after moving all day and the car threw all kind of codes electronic break failure, break system error and some other shit and wouldn’t start.

Had triple A tow it to dealer they found the car was never energized or something after the dealer got it and there was a computer update for it as well. Funny thing is when I turned on the eco I could actually feel the car bog down this time and idle drop.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
This actually must be true. Not necessarily that the car adapts to your aggressive style :hmm: but the pedal % (input) vs. throttle % (output) relationship is such, that flooring the pedal all the way with give you WOT whether the ECON is on or off. This means that this relationship with ECON is flatter only initially (pressing the pedal gives less throttle) but to eventually reach the 100% it has to actually go very steep at the end. So, when driving at high power with the pedal already far in, the car might actually feel more responsive in ECON.
But never in normal cruising around unless something is screwed up.

Last edited:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay so my civic broke down on Friday. I went to pick it up at uhaul after moving all day and the car threw all kind of codes electronic break failure, break system error and some other shit and wouldn’t start.

Had triple A tow it to dealer they found the car was never energized or something after the dealer got it and there was a computer update for it as well. Funny thing is when I turned on the eco I could actually feel the car bog down this time and idle drop.
Never energized?

Honda Civic 10th gen Car is faster in eco? Stick shift- giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5cea82f0357575416784481d&rid=giphy

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Back when my car was stock I remember it was easier to build additional boost when not in sport mode, which always seemed a little odd to me. The car didn't feel faster, it just seemed more eager to hit 18/19/20 PSI compared to sport mode. Boost builds based on load.... but the electronic controlled boost, wastegate, throttlebody, injectors, make it so that this car is prone to some extreme fuckery right from the factory. Still annoyed that they advertise it as 20psi when the circumstances for hitting 20psi are absurdly remote. I still love it, but I miss how straightforward my old 2002 WRX was stock, and then later modded with a STI TMIC, 3 port EBCS, and an internally wastegated VF34. Still the fuel economy in that car was about 12-24mpg, with an average of 22 through the tank, pretty much no matter how I drove it. My 17 Si, can be anywhere from 20-47mpg, and generally averages 40mpg through the tank.. Not gonna lie, I miss that boxer rumble.

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

This sounds like some excuse the dealer made up, you might want a second opinion if it’s available. Only reason eco could make the car feel faster is if something is severely wrong and the car is compensating. Eco makes it feel like driving without boost in any rpm below 3-4K vs regular mode.
Sponsored