ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
So today I decided to take the car out with a friend and really want see what it can do with the tune. Down low the power is incredible but I noticed at around 5400 rpm it felt like the fuel just completely cut out and my car would big down. I did this a few times on both Normal and sport mode and it did the same thing. At first I thought I have to go in on my laptop and check if the rev limiter was set to low but otherwise I have no idea. Any thoughts, I need some help? When I get off work I'm going to do some data logging and get a graph but I'm not good at reading them so definitely need help guys.

I have a stock Si running tsp stage 1 on hondata.
Sponsored

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
Heat soak is my guess.

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Will heatsoak cause the fuel to cut out like that? I'm in south Carolina and it's about 90 degrees out so yes it is hot but never experienced that before with any other car even when it's hot.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Is it happening in everygear? Heat soak will pull timing but not cutoff fuel like that

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Only tried in 2nd and 3rd. I just got off work and got my laptop and I'm about to go drive and log a little so I can post it. Driving home my iat was around 104, it's 89 degrees here. My stft held steady around -5 and -6 and the LT was steady at 4.69 barely moved. What should I look for ad far as my sensors on my hondata HUD ?

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
Took the car out and before i left checked a few settings, my full throttle shift is set at 5200 rpms which is almost exactly where its happeneing. This time it did the same and bogged down and i wasnt even at WOT. Heres my data log. its about 90 seconds from the end give or take.

Hopefully someone can look at this and help me out. Im going to disable FTS and reflash and see if that changes anything.

Attachments

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
here is a 2nd log, i turned off FTS and the same thing happened. All my numbers look good to me but im kinda newb but longtime honda owner and have had plenty of turbo cars. This is my first experience with Hondata and TSP tune. You can see on the log when i hit 5300 rpm the car just loses everything, its definetly not clutch slip cause the rpms drop.

Attachments

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
@ChefFaz84
I cannot see your tune files, as you are Hondata and I only have the KTuner Software.
However, I have seen these types of cut-offs before. It relates to the "crank pulley". If it happens to slip at that specific load point your engine shuts itself down as a safety measure.
I am not saying this is the culprit, but I have witnessed that on several occasions.

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
When I get off work later I'm going to reflash my car back to the base +6psi hondata tune and take the car out to see if that changes anything. I emailed Corey at TSP and waiting for a response.

I just find it weird that it happens even when I'm only at like 60% throttle but it's always at 53 to 5400 rpm..

Anyone else with hondata who can see my graphs have any other thoughts?

OP
OP
ChefFaz84

ChefFaz84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan(fc1)
Country flag
So I received an answer from Derrick from TSP his conclusion was it is my Full throttle shift engaging, according to his on the datalogg it shows the clutch pedal is slightly depressed and causing the issues. I'll be going for a run today and making sure my foot is completely away from the clutch pedal he mentioned it could be something faulty with the clutch pedal sensor so going to try it today and see if my issue has stopped. My last resort is to disable FTS as well.
Sponsored