Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
It should be ok to bang back out. May want to patch the holes.

The cause of failure wasn't the weird jack point. It's because of all the debris in your tire well, throwing the car off balance. :D
Sponsored

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Yeah that area should be ok to bang out. As mentioned use a block of wood like a foot long and bang on it with a big hammer. There looks to be some small tears so you want to touch those up with paint to prevent any rust. Make sure when you swing the hammer to stay clear of anything, like if you have a hatchback watch for the glass.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Like others have said, glad you're okay. Question: why can't you just leave it the way it is and seal up/paint over the tears? Could those tears get worse when they bend back down causing more damage?

OP
OP
cekIV

cekIV

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Like others have said, glad you're okay. Question: why can't you just leave it the way it is and seal up/paint over the tears? Could those tears get worse when they bend back down causing more damage?
I pounded it back down and it didn't seem to tear. I'll have to repair a seam underneath. I couldn't leave it because it looked like a mountain grew in my trunk!

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
An ominous creek and then the car slid ( yes the front wheels were chocked). The jack rearranged my trunk. Do you think it's okay to try to hammer it back into shape??
I hope you aren't posting this, from under the car, because you forgot to use jack stands.

(Edit: I learned from a later post, that the car was in the process of being jacked up, when it fell) Jack stands would have prevented this, but I'm super happy that you weren't under it when if fell off the jack!

Last edited:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Just curious, do you have a spare tire?

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Glad you're OK OP.
I use floor jacks on the seam welds and if I get beneath the car I put ramps right next to the jacks in case they leak and drop down. I don't plan on dying under a car. I have a couple of steel ramps that I only use for safety. When I was a kid we used old steel rims as safety in addition to a jack.

abitolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 accord
Country flag
Small comment here, what central rear jack point? As far as I know we only have side points near the rocker panel?

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Small comment here, what central rear jack point? As far as I know we only have side points near the rocker panel?
Those side point are meant for emergency jack to change to spare, vehicle lifts, and safety stands.
Honda Civic 10th gen Car fell off jack 1652121276759

For floor jacks you're suppose to use the center ones.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car fell off jack 1652121294796

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lost a cousin of my dads to a collapsed jack when he was only 23 - and he was a mechanic. This was a long time ago, jack tech was not what it is now. Even pro shops had mediocre jacks back then compared to what is available today.
If you are going to wrench on your car, it is worth having the best jack possible. Glad you are okay, that damage looks fixable.
You are worth it, never mind the car. Lots of cars - only one you.
Consider this incident your wake up call.

Turtle3000

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe , 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE
Country flag
So happy you are okay... Yes, I too have had the jack slide a bit with the rear. Luckily not completely off, but it slid enough for me to nearly poop myself. I am not sure why that rear jack point is so bad/ slippery.
Sponsored