Car Detail Package

MMarquez661

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/ Sensing
Country flag
Good afternoon. I have a brand new 2016 Civic Ex-T. I've had it for 3 days now. I really want to invest and detail my vehicle. I was recommended to a local guy and these are his prices and packages. Which would should I be looking at? I've never had a new car so I don't really know what options to choose.

Sport package:$120 comes with 1 step paint correction if needed and ceramic pro sport applied. 1 year limited warranty
Bronze package: $500 comes with 1 layer of ceramic pro 9h and 1 layer of light. 5 year limited warranty
Silver package : $800 2 layers of 9h and 1 layer of light. Life time warranty
Gold package :$1,200 5 layers of 9h and 1 layer of light. Life time warranty
Ceramic pro helps protect against oxidation, water sports and some scratches. It also help maintain a cleaner car
Sponsored

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@MMarquez661 I'd get the Sport Package and apply wax myself every couple months. Then get the Sport package again once a year or every other year. What's important here is the paint correction. I just don't believe that next step up will last the 5 years, especially if you're putting it through automated car washes.

Now if the warranties include paint correction any time during that time period, then get it done once.

OP
OP

MMarquez661

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@MMarquez661 I'd get the Sport Package and apply wax myself every couple months. Then get the Sport package again once a year or every other year. What's important here is the paint correction. I just don't believe that next step up will last the 5 years, especially if you're putting it through automated car washes.

Now if the warranties include paint correction any time during that time period, then get it done once.
Thank you for your response. That is what I was kind of thinking is doing the Sports Package once a year, but this I was thinking should I do the lifetime one so I don't have to worry about it. Is apply wax to a car a difficult thing to do, if never had to do it before.

Penryn87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring.
Country flag
It sounds like a "ming mirror finish". I don't believe anything applied to paint will last longer than 6 months, and that's assuming your application was perfect. I have applied sealants/wax to my car and had them last anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months.

Whatever this is just ... blah. 500 dollars for a bronze package.. That will by you a porter cable and a good set of pads for half that. Add 50 dollars for sealants/polish (you don't need a lot, a 3oz bottle of sealant should last you 3 years) and you are coming out WAY a head.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for your response. That is what I was kind of thinking is doing the Sports Package once a year, but this I was thinking should I do the lifetime one so I don't have to worry about it. Is apply wax to a car a difficult thing to do, if never had to do it before.
I had something similar done upon delivery of my 2016. One Step Paint Correction to remove the light swirls from the dealer monkeys, plus a coating of "Optimum Gloss-Coat", a semi-permanent sealant that should last up to 2 years. This was done for $300cad and was worth every dollar to me. I leave paint correction to the pros, I just don't have time to learn to use machines and I feel things could go awry real fast.
Honda Civic 10th gen Car Detail Package detail

As for applying wax, I'm currently using Chemical Guys XXX paste wax. Using the same red foam applicator in the video below. Apply on clean, dry and cool paint, in the shade. Apply in long strokes. Vertical on vertical panels- doors, fenders, bumpers and horizontal on the hood, roof and top of the trunk. Think of how the light hits the panel. A vertical scratch on a door will be alot less visible than a horizontal scratch, you get me?

When you're done, it should look like this.
Honda Civic 10th gen Car Detail Package wax2

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Detail Package wax1

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the reason why I chose to use XXX wax. For $26 it can't be beat. So far so good. I tend to like the warm deep tone on black as opposed to a cooler gloss. I think I'm gonna try Ammo NYC's carnuba wax next though.

OP
OP

MMarquez661

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had something similar done upon delivery of my 2016. One Step Paint Correction to remove the light swirls from the dealer monkeys, plus a coating of "Optimum Gloss-Coat", a semi-permanent sealant that should last up to 2 years. This was done for $300cad and was worth every dollar to me. I leave paint correction to the pros, I just don't have time to learn to use machines and I feel things could go awry real fast.
detail.jpg

As for applying wax, I'm currently using Chemical Guys XXX paste wax. Using the same red foam applicator in the video below. Apply on clean, dry and cool paint, in the shade. Apply in long strokes. Vertical on vertical panels- doors, fenders, bumpers and horizontal on the hood, roof and top of the trunk. Think of how the light hits the panel. A vertical scratch on a door will be alot less visible than a horizontal scratch, you get me?

When you're done, it should look like this.
wax2.jpg

wax1.jpg

Wow, thank you for going into detail! I think i'm gonna take your advice and do it once a year and then apply my own wax! Thank You!
Sponsored