car accident question.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Just have a quick question. Some lady backed in to my 2016 touring 4dr and caused 1000.00 in damages. Has anyone ever traded in a car before the accident hit carfax? Im on the fence of getting it fixed and trading it in before I take a hit. I would tell the dealer that the front bumper was painited and changed. Down the line I dont want to take a trade in hit. I really do love the civic but would get the hatch, accord sport or the new insight.
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
I had a 2015 Civic, with rear bumper damaged. Had to replace bumper myself and get it painted. About 375$ later I put it back on myself... Traded in the Civic and got a SI 18. Dealer didn't notice the bumper. Cause it was color matched and identical to oem!

If you went through insurance. I'd say your shit out of luck. Sorry

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
If you go through insurance they will have it filed before you can even drive it to the dealer. In most cases they will begin closing the file for the claim before you've picked up your vehicle.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
It’s only a grand. It’s likely most insurance companies won’t report it. Call your carrier and check.

Sticks

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Country flag
Unless something more severe like flood damage, I don't think a car dealer gives a crap about previous accidents. They aren't buying it to keep. 90% of their used car buyers don't even know what Carfax is.

I had a $2000 repair, to a Corvette, through insurance, and $1800 on a Jeep. When I traded them in, the dealer never asked and gave me the then current market trade-in value.

I don't believe you'll have a problem

Good luck!

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can sell a car without any problems, even if it has been in an emergency. But, of course, its cost will decrease significantly.
dude this is a thread that's nearly 4 years old... in the future check the date and read the whole thread before replying

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
dude this is a thread that's nearly 4 years old... in the future check the date and read the whole thread before replying
I'm 99% sure it is a new spam account. This is what they do. Generic response to a dead thread or 2. Sometimes they comeback and edit in a small link somewhere in the posts. Typically happens in the off-topic section.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 99% sure it is a new spam account. This is what they do. Generic response to a dead thread or 2. Sometimes they comeback and edit in a small link somewhere in the posts. Typically happens in the off-topic section.
interesting. never seen that
people are getting weirder and weirder as time goes on huh

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
100% sure, and reported. Will probably get more of these as AIs improve. This guy‘s first post, from the USA, mentioning a lawyer in Australia?

Nope, nope and nope.
Sponsored