jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I’ve seen these Capless fuel door covers here and there on the forum but haven’t found an answer to my questions. I was hoping one of you guys could help me out. I’m wanting to get the cover for my 2016 civic touring and I know there was a service bulletin that involved adding this and replacing the Capless fuel filler. I’m wondering, do I need to get both or would the cover still fit over the original one I have on my car.
PN: 17666-TBA-A01
Thanks
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You don’t remove the fuel hole. It’s something that attaches to the fuel door. It’s between $6-12 at dealers.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Pic

Honda Civic 10th gen Capless fuel door cover question D0A573B0-2ED3-4D70-AA69-974BF39DBDAE

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Ahhh looks like I confused myself! So you just buy the cover and snap it on?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it snaps in.

The only thing is if you check your 2016 Touring it will say it doesn't fit. Apparently, this is only for the 2018+ models?

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
I'm at Honda and want to get the cap too but they said it's non refundable if I buy it and doesn't fit.

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm at Honda and want to get the cap too but they said it's non refundable if I buy it and doesn't fit.
I just bought if for my 16 they said it should work based off that service bulletin saying “this part and these years”. Mine is a day out so If you want wait till tomorrow i can let you know how it works for ours?

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just bought if for my 16 they said it should work based off that service bulletin saying “this part and these years”. Mine is a day out so If you want wait till tomorrow i can let you know how it works for ours?
It's so tempting since I'm here at the moment getting my car service but I'll wait for your result lol don't want to spend $9 (yes they are asking $9 here for it) for nothing.

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It's so tempting since I'm here at the moment getting my car service but I'll wait for your result lol don't want to spend $9 (yes they are asking $9 here for it) for nothing.
Totally understand! I’ll give an update tomorrow!

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I went ahead and took the risk and purchased it! However, they did not have it in stock so I would have to come back tomorrow to pick it up. The parts guy was confident though that it would fit according to the service bulletin link on this thread that I showed him. I also purchased the upgraded cup holders with 2 fingers for smaller drinks that comes with the 2019 models. I'm surprised that Honda did not have this come standard in the past until now, but it cost me $41 to have it ordered. So by tomorrow I will be picking up those 2 items and see if the gas cap will fit.

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I went ahead and took the risk and purchased it! However, they did not have it in stock so I would have to come back tomorrow to pick it up. The parts guy was confident though that it would fit according to the service bulletin link on this thread that I showed him. I also purchased the upgraded cup holders with 2 fingers for smaller drinks that comes with the 2019 models. I'm surprised that Honda did not have this come standard in the past until now, but it cost me $41 to have it ordered. So by tomorrow I will be picking up those 2 items and see if the gas cap will fit.
I’m picking up the exact things tomorrow! I can’t wait for that cup holder! Tired of my drinks falling to each side. And I think it’s a bigger size too!

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m picking up the exact things tomorrow! I can’t wait for that cup holder! Tired of my drinks falling to each side. And I think it’s a bigger size too!
Just wondering is this the PN: 83446-TBA-AA1ZA for those cup holders? I just want to make sure the guy ordered the correct one.

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just wondering is this the PN: 83446-TBA-AA1ZA for those cup holders? I just want to make sure the guy ordered the correct one.
Just checked and I have the same pn on my receipt. So that should be the 19 cup holder. Unless we both got the wrong one! Lol
Sponsored