Can't separate lower control arm from hub

Sureemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic sport 2.0
Country flag
I'm having a lot of trouble getting the hub out of the way of the lower control arm so that I can install a new coilover. One side went more easily, but now with this one I can't get the hub to budge except hitting down with a hammer or budging it back up into place. the lower control arm is in the way quite a bit and I can't get the hub to steer like I've seen in other videos. What am I doing wrong? How have you guys gotten your assembly apart? Thanks.

Also the plastic wrap is around the sharp metal on the lower control arm to prevent slicing the boot.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't separate lower control arm from hub 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't separate lower control arm from hub 2

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't separate lower control arm from hub 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't separate lower control arm from hub 4

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
Did you ever get this figured out? I found that a prybar between the lower control arm and sway bar is effective at pushing the arm down. If you are having problems separating the shock from the knuckle, a little bit of WD-40 usually does the trick.

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If youre just tryin to install a coilover, you shouldn't need to mess with the lower control arm at all. Push the hub, still attached to the lower control arm, down so that you have enough space to raise the shock out of the hub. Its going to be a tight squeeze to get the shock out of the hub, but certainly doable without the need to disconnect the lower control arm. For sure, not having both sides of the car jacked up and therefore the tension released from the sway bar, is going to make this much more difficult.
Sponsored