Got it back together.... now i have a weird noise... NEED HELP!!

RAC80

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hi, elbow deep in my act clutch and flywheel job. All looks good, just trying to get the trans mounted back on.
Alignment tool slips in and out ok, when i lift the trans it seem pretty well lined up and even all round. Just cant get the spline to slide in. I assume its the spline....... around 1" gap.
Given it a good wiggle, moved flywheel a touch as im right there.... wont slide on.

Any ideas? šŸ˜¬šŸ‘
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, elbow deep in my act clutch and flywheel job. All looks good, just trying to get the trans mounted back on.
Alignment tool slips in and out ok, when i lift the trans it seem pretty well lined up and even all round. Just cant get the spline to slide in. I assume its the spline....... around 1" gap.
Given it a good wiggle, moved flywheel a touch as im right there.... wont slide on.

Any ideas? šŸ˜¬šŸ‘
Did you get this figured out?

OP
OP
RAC80

RAC80

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ok...... neeeeeed help please!!!

Fyi - ACT clutch and flywheel + Sirimoto cmc and line.

All back on and sorted, engine starts ok, revs and feels as expected in neutral with clutch up or down.

When i try to go into gear there is a weird noise. Not grinding like the clutch is up, not as severe. And it will let me go into gear (clutch still down, on ramp still).
Any gear makes the same noise. Sounds more like a belt or starter motor whine than not being in gear properly........

Any ideas????????

Used honda mtf. Didnt use check plug as im on quite an angle. Put in just shy of the 2quarts.

................. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
RAC80

RAC80

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
line is bled and all good, clutch feel is good.
i think i figured it. if i back off the clutch just a little, its fine.... so i think its just going too far!

so.... (i have a lot of experience mechanically, just not with cars).

i need to reduce to travel length...? do i adjust the stop bolt so the pedal is a little further down to start..? then adjust the cmc so that start point is just shy of being fully retracted?

when i installed it i measured the old, set the newt the same length, check the sirimoto install guide and it was within the measurement shown.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
line is bled and all good, clutch feel is good.
i think i figured it. if i back off the clutch just a little, its fine.... so i think its just going too far!

so.... (i have a lot experience mechanically, just not with cars).

need to reduce to travel length. do i adjust the stop bolt so the pedal is a little further down to start..? then adjust the cmc so that start point is just shy of being fully retracted?

when i installed it i measured the old, set the newt the same length, check the sirimoto install guide and it was within the measurement shown.
Yep, a small adjustment should do the trick.

The service manual, section 23, page 21, will show you how to adjust it.

OP
OP
RAC80

RAC80

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Did u have to raise idle rpm?
I put perrin motor mount inserts in, which.... i may remove. But, its idles a little rough. Soon as i had a couple hundred rpm, smooth as silk.
It makes sense, not as much rotational mass etc.
Did u raise it and if so what to?
Thx.

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Did u have to raise idle rpm?
I put perrin motor mount inserts in, which.... i may remove. But, its idles a little rough. Soon as i had a couple hundred rpm, smooth as silk.
It makes sense, not as much rotational mass etc.
Did u raise it and if so what to?
Thx.
I had the same issue but it is normal just as you said less rot weight. I also have this box of rocks sounding when idle clutch up but i also heard that it was normal as well. I do have upgraded motor mounts so i can hear everything just a bit more. It is a awesome clutch and fly combo i am running flex with no issues. Have about 2500 miles on it so far also did the kcmc ss line etc good luck with it
Sponsored