Can't decide on Floor Liners. Weathertech, Husky, or 3D MAXpider?

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
All TuxMats Neo now, we've sold out all Gen 1's
Ah I see. Thought they were Gen 1s. Thank you for confirming this. You may want to update the listing name with Neo and or the pictures. I almost considered buying these but just wanted to confirm since I like the older model design.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Ah I see. Thought they were Gen 1s. Thank you for confirming this. You may want to update the listing name with Neo and or the pictures. I almost considered buying these but just wanted to confirm since I like the older model design.
Will be switching over the CTR to the Neo's, and take some pictures :)

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i was originally going to go with Weathertech ( it's one of the most well known brands out there for this kind of thing ) however when I saw its lack of full dead pedal coverage, it was a no go for me. ( think of all of the debris the dirt on your shoes will go from the ball of your foot up, straight down under the cover, whats the point of the floor liner then?) I ended up getting the Tuxmat's (Gen 1 now it would seem ) and have enjoyed them ever since. I don't expect them to hold up to harsh mud or snow over 10 years, but for the daily grind, i am completely satisfied with them.
Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide on Floor Liners. Weathertech, Husky, or 3D MAXpider? IMG_20200320_170928

Edit:
For reference, check out the dead pedal coverage of Weathertech's official pictures. Only covers maybe 60% of your shoe over there. I have no idea why they decided to stop it short in that key location. yes that little crease over in that area is annoying but its part of the car. In hindsight i woulda liked to have seen a bit more reinforcement there, but its not bad.
Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide on Floor Liners. Weathertech, Husky, or 3D MAXpider? 1622390977327

Last edited:

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Title says it all. Just picked up a new 2021 Civic Hatchback EX and I've been debating between Weathertech, Husky, and 3D MAXpider. I've seen a lot of people complain about the Weathertech losing their form, but just as many saying theirs is fine after years. Husky seems to be a little more preferred, and I've heard next to nothing about how the MAXpider's handle snow, but they seem decent and I like the looks of them the best.

I guess any input or sharing your experience with any of them would be greatly appreciated.
Weathertech floor mats are by far the most overpriced thing I have ever bought for a car! They are a piece of plastic for $120 that stain from winter salt that don't come clean. I would guess the rest of them are the same..

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I ordered the 3D MAXpider recently. Waiting for the mats to arrive. One of the reasons why I chose 3D MAXpider was the sound dampening properties they have using XPE foam.

OP
OP

pandoraa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Country flag
I ordered the 3D MAXpider recently. Waiting for the mats to arrive. One of the reasons why I chose 3D MAXpider was the sound dampening properties they have using XPE foam.
I ended up going with the 3D MAXpider and I am extremely happy with them. They look great and have a good feel to them. I love that they cover the dead pedal completely too.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I ended up going with the 3D MAXpider and I am extremely happy with them. They look great and have a good feel to them. I love that they cover the dead pedal completely too.

I have these, just a heads up they will start to peel under the clutch pedal pretty quickly unfortunately. Wonderful mats otherwise and still protects the car carpet - for now.

nothingclever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I bought the 3D max spider and 1.5 years later there is a hole in the driver's mat. I was surprised. I had my weathertechs in my Accord for over 3.5 years with no problem. I also bought the 3d max because they cover the dead pedal but they are not up to weather tech's quality. I paid about $115 for the complete set vs $197 for weathertechs. But I still expected them to last for 8-10 years.

Last edited:

Hollidad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I bought the 3DS Max Spiders about a year ago and they are great! I took them out and hosed them down to get all the salt off a few weeks ago, threw em back in, perfect. I really like the slight rubber feel it has to it and the edges fit really well.

HomerJ

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sedan Sport
Country flag
I am very disappointed in my Weathertech mats. Got my car a week ago and they are the first thing I ordered. Fit on the driver side is disappointing with large gap, I can only imagine how it'll look after a winter of snow and salt getting dumped in there. The trunk liner is no better, it wrinkles up in the curves no matter how I place it and theres a gap along the bumper line where crud will fall in. Only salvation is I decided to wait to get the rear mats, I'll definitely go with another brand.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide on Floor Liners. Weathertech, Husky, or 3D MAXpider? 1-TrunkR

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide on Floor Liners. Weathertech, Husky, or 3D MAXpider? 2-TrunkL

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide on Floor Liners. Weathertech, Husky, or 3D MAXpider? 3-TrunkGa

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide on Floor Liners. Weathertech, Husky, or 3D MAXpider? 4-Driver

TriangleHeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe (FC4, K20C2)
Country flag
Interesting seeing this thread, I just bought the Husky WeatherBeater liners because they were on Prime Day sale for about 90, usually they go for 105-115 on Amazon.

Fit on 2019 Civic Coupe is excellent, super tight on both front mats and the back row mat, no issues at all.

I was kind of concerned originally because I'm used to the heavy, flexible thick rubber mats like the OE Honda all-seasons (not liners). These felt thin, plasticky (I was worried about foot slip), non-flexible (they hold their shape, very firm) so I was almost going to return them for a Chinese brand that was thicker and rubbery like the OE Honda all-seasons...but the Made in USA aspect convinced me to keep them.

I'm soooo glad I kept them lmao. They aren't slippery at all, the thinness and lightness is actually a good thing, if it were thicker it would be annoying since it would jut out on the sides of the footwell. I also like how light the mats are, the whole set weighs significantly less than a set of thick rubber floor mats. I've had the OE all-seasons for 8th and 9th, paid almost the same price as these liners and those things were heavy as hell and they weren't even liners, they were just regular floor mats. These things are amazing, every car I get is going to get these from now on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide on Floor Liners. Weathertech, Husky, or 3D MAXpider? IMG_1670 copy

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide on Floor Liners. Weathertech, Husky, or 3D MAXpider? IMG_1672 copy

Last edited:

HomerJ

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sedan Sport
Country flag
These look like they fit ages better than the weathertechs I got.

Deleted member 51112

I have Husky in mine, cost $30 less than Weather tech's and they fit flawlessly! Glad I shopped around...have had WT's in lots of past cars, but they are getting to be high priced.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They (Weathertech) are cashing in on the fact its the first thing anyone thinks of with aftermarket floor liners, pushed hard in the dealerships too at least when i worked at one.
Sponsored