Can't decide between Lunar Silver Metallic or Sonic Gray Peal for hiding dirt

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan in Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
Hello guys, I'm in the market for a 2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring and I can't decide between the two colors for hiding dirt. So in your opinion which of this two colors hide the most dirt/scratches on a car?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Go for the SGP. It's a medium light color and while it may not hide dirt as easily, it's much more unique than LSM.

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can speak for Lunar Silver.
It doesnā€™t ever look really dirty.
Mine has been through a touch-free wash once since I bought it in August and has only seen a hose a couple of times to wash off errant bird shit.
What with winter and road salt, I can see it looking crappy this winter.
My opinion only... take it as you wish.
I can see the Sonic Grey being a trendy type of colour that wonā€™t last too long in the marketplace, kind of like the horrid teal colours that were really popular in the early ā€˜90s and (thankfully) disappeared just as quickly.

OP
OP

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SGP truly is a unique color and I have never even seen it on the road out of all the many 10th gen Civic I see daily; however, my goal is to pick the color which can hide dirt pretty good on a car. I don't have a garage so the car would always be parked on the driveway or on the street if this can help me out with member's opinions on the subject.

crxFITcivicBOY

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Iā€™ve got a LSM hatch and despite my griping about not being able to wash it as regular as I did in summer, it holds up pretty well at hiding dirt. Canā€™t speak for SGP, although I will admit itā€™s a sweeter looking color. I like the LSM look with the sport package hatch since the LSM/Black congrats well.

OP
OP

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Awesome! Thanks for sharing pics too I think I will be going with the silver then. I'm very excited for my 19 hatch will definitely post some pics once I get it.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lunar silver. I had crystal pearl black and went from wiping it down four times a day( I have OCD) , to once a week with the lunar silver. The lighter colors hide slight scratches way better. Seemed lined with the darker color, if I looked at it wrong it got scratches,lol

OP
OP

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My 2016 touring sedan is crystal black pearl so I am just done with all that cleaning lol

OP
OP

WCELingad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Go Sonic Gray, your effectively getting a car that will be 3 shades of Gray depending on the lighting :)
How well does it hide dirt and grimes though? I will have to see it in person for the first time to see if I'll like it better than the silver just because every picture I see here on the forums it looks all different just like you said with 3 shades of gray.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
IDK about dirt hiding but SGP is far more desirable to me. If they had it on the sedan I would have got it no debate.

Timmeh8604

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My SGP looks clean most of the time, even when its dirty. The color is super unique and I never stop getting compliments on it. I vote SGP.
Sponsored