Can't connect v2 And TunerView Lite (on headunit)

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the app to the headunit a week ago. I was able to pair and put in the pin. Only one time since does it connect.

I have the v2 in the BT device list on the unit, but there are never any available options but "Delete." So I don't think it is connecting to the car.

The KTuner unit shows on the left side of the device list under "Connect" within the app, but it doesn't show when I scan for devices.

Sometimes when I turn on the car the headunit prompts that an app wants to control BT, and I just tap "Allow."

Something odd on the KTuner unit... When I go into the menu and select "BT Pin" I see three options: Disable, Enable, and Enable Advanced. But, tapping any of them doesn't seem to do anything- no submenu or return to the layout.

Before I found out the KTuner doesn't support ELM for OBD Apps, I had tried to pair with my phone and use in some apps. Same behavior- just didn't seem to connect. I could delete the device from paired devices, scan, and re-add with pin, but then no connection happened.

My KTuner is often rather laggy updating gauge, and sometimes just seems to have stopped communicating with the ECU.

I always have my phone BT Paired and Connected with the headunit. Both the TunerView Lite app and the KTuner Firmware are up to date. No broken pins on the OBD Plug.

Anyone experience this? Is my unit going bad? Something I missed?

Side question... Are the full set of readings available in the full TunerView app? I kind of wanted to put mass flow readings on the Headunit.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
See the TunerView Lite section of Help for directions. KTuner.com/KTunerHelp

If you get a lag when your on board logging parameters are met, you left it enabled and it's full. Clear it.

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
I installed the app to the headunit a week ago. I was able to pair and put in the pin. Only one time since does it connect.

I have the v2 in the BT device list on the unit, but there are never any available options but "Delete." So I don't think it is connecting to the car.

The KTuner unit shows on the left side of the device list under "Connect" within the app, but it doesn't show when I scan for devices.

Sometimes when I turn on the car the headunit prompts that an app wants to control BT, and I just tap "Allow."

Something odd on the KTuner unit... When I go into the menu and select "BT Pin" I see three options: Disable, Enable, and Enable Advanced. But, tapping any of them doesn't seem to do anything- no submenu or return to the layout.

Before I found out the KTuner doesn't support ELM for OBD Apps, I had tried to pair with my phone and use in some apps. Same behavior- just didn't seem to connect. I could delete the device from paired devices, scan, and re-add with pin, but then no connection happened.

My KTuner is often rather laggy updating gauge, and sometimes just seems to have stopped communicating with the ECU.

I always have my phone BT Paired and Connected with the headunit. Both the TunerView Lite app and the KTuner Firmware are up to date. No broken pins on the OBD Plug.

Anyone experience this? Is my unit going bad? Something I missed?

Side question... Are the full set of readings available in the full TunerView app? I kind of wanted to put mass flow readings on the Headunit.
Read and follow the instructions.
http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/tunerview_lite.htm

http://ktuner.com/guides/TunerView_ENG.pdf

If you use Android Auto you have to connect TunerView first and then your phone. If you connect your phone first it starts disconnecting the communication of the TunerView app.
Sponsored