danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So I was watching some vids on YouTube and the 10th Gen actually came with real vents! Why would Honda not include this in the production model!

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't believe the prototype actually came with real vents Screenshot_20200629-224310

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't believe the prototype actually came with real vents Screenshot_20200629-224213

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
And the Civic Coupe prototype had nicer wheels with a more aggressive offset and real performance brakes instead of the normie brakes they ended up putting on the Si.

And the light bar was actually fully lit, not lit by a couple LEDS at the edges and super dim/unlit by the center.

Just look at the size of those damn brakes.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't believe the prototype actually came with real vents 1593544232798

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't believe the prototype actually came with real vents 1593544114116

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Also appears to be lowered.

Last edited:
OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And the Civic Coupe prototype had nicer wheels with a more aggressive offset and real performance brakes instead of the normie brakes they ended up putting on the Si.

And the light bar was actually fully lit, not lit by a couple LEDS at the edges and super dim/unlit by the center.

Just look at the size of those damn brakes.

1593544232798.png

1593544114116.png
Wow yea. I mean I understand that most of the time prototypes are just that, prototypes, but why would you not include things like that? Yea the yellow calipers looked nice

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Wow yea. I mean I understand that most of the time prototypes are just that, prototypes, but why would you not include things like that? Yea the yellow calipers looked nice
I mean, I understand the concept is the design team getting the opportunity to go ham.

When they actually refine and finalize the design for the production cars they have to build them to a pricepoint, so things like bigger/nicer wheels, brakes, lights, etc. all have to be heavily considered for removal or paring down.

It's hard to tell, but it looks like the vents on the Coupe Prototype were also real. Yeah, I'm not too sure about that entire design choice.

I will admit I'll never truly understand why auto manufacturers go "Look at what we made!" and then never sell anything even remotely close to what they showed off.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I don't know what benefit rear vents would have on a FF car... and there is such a thing as too much air to the engine bay, otherwise Honda could have saved some money on plastic by leaving all the holes empty.
Coupe would look much better with a full light bar though

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Rear vents on that coupe look much better than what’s on the finalized version.

OP
OP
danfg2

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean, I understand the concept is the design team getting the opportunity to go ham.

When they actually refine and finalize the design for the production cars they have to build them to a pricepoint, so things like bigger/nicer wheels, brakes, lights, etc. all have to be heavily considered for removal or paring down.

It's hard to tell, but it looks like the vents on the Coupe Prototype were also real. Yeah, I'm not too sure about that entire design choice.

I will admit I'll never truly understand why auto manufacturers go "Look at what we made!" and then never sell anything even remotely close to what they showed off.
The brakes and nicer wheels and stuff I can understand....I just didn't get why the would change the vents
Sponsored