Canadian specs for 2016 Civic sedan

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So we don't get Rallye Red or Cosmic Blue and Ivory leather is only available with black. Otherwise, black interior standard across the board. No EX-L model and the EX-T comes standard with Honda Sensing and leather steering wheel. Wireless charger standard on Touring. DX model is the equivalent of the US LX model based on the equipment but without A/C. The LX model also comes with the 7 inch display and gauge cluster but without Lanewatch.

yoyoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 civic ex-l
So am I reading this wrong or do the differences between LX and EX seem VERY minimal? I wonder what the price difference is. But the EX does have some things I value like push button start and other small things (which add up sometimes!). I guess I answered my own questions. Those little luxuries are worthwhile to me.

Also it's a shame the leather wrapper wheel is held back to the EX-T...seems odd. I guess they needed to add a little something extra to justify the trim along with its other differences. Just replaces the EX-L in the end.

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
You get push start, dual zone climate, sunroof and alloy wheels which is an expected step of improvement within all Honda EX models. Canadian LX models are actually fairly well equipped which makes them the volume seller.

Why is it a shame that the leather wheel is on the EX-T? Would you rather have an el cheapo polyurethane one? Sure, they might bring it down to differentiate it from the EX but that's hardly a 'shame'

OP
OP

Civil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic '97 (still running)
Vehicle Showcase
So am I reading this wrong or do the differences between LX and EX seem VERY minimal? I wonder what the price difference is. But the EX does have some things I value like push button start and other small things (which add up sometimes!). I guess I answered my own questions. Those little luxuries are worthwhile to me.

Also it's a shame the leather wrapper wheel is held back to the EX-T...seems odd. I guess they needed to add a little something extra to justify the trim along with its other differences. Just replaces the EX-L in the end.
Well, the major EX novelty is the moonroof.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You get push start, dual zone climate, sunroof and alloy wheels which is an expected step of improvement within all Honda EX models. Canadian LX models are actually fairly well equipped which makes them the volume seller.

Why is it a shame that the leather wheel is on the EX-T? Would you rather have an el cheapo polyurethane one? Sure, they might bring it down to differentiate it from the EX but that's hardly a 'shame'
Also the EX's and Touring get remote start. What a nice addition for those hot and cold days.

CivicNut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP), 2019 Pilot Touring (Black)
Country flag
It's quite surprising Honda Canada doesn't have any of these updates on their official site unlike Honda US site with atleast the trims, features and pricing! They still have the pictures of the concept and pre-Youtube-reveal information! Comon guys catchup!

Good to see Parkway Honda has posted the specs to to give us atleast an idea of the trims and features... Waiting to see the release dates and pricing!!

Hoping the genius who decided not to offer Rallye Red in Canada (although produced in Canada) will have an "aha" moment and offer it...

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
It's quite surprising Honda Canada doesn't have any of these updates on their official site unlike Honda US site with atleast the trims, features and pricing! They still have the pictures of the concept and pre-Youtube-reveal information! Comon guys catchup!

Good to see Parkway Honda has posted the specs to to give us atleast an idea of the trims and features... Waiting to see the release dates and pricing!!

Hoping the genius who decided not to offer Rallye Red in Canada (although produced in Canada) will have an "aha" moment and offer it...
Yea it seems a lot of the dealers are getting info before anyone else probably part of their training. That's why I always check these forums before any official honda site, we get by the minute info here.

Thanks. Too bad our 1.5T models don't get a power bump like the European models ;)
I think a lot of us stateside would not be happy about that. That would mean the ones built in the Canadian plant would be separated based on if the customer is Canadian or American so it could be fitted with a more powerfully tuned engine. Would be messed up if you ask me.

OP
OP

Civil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic '97 (still running)
Vehicle Showcase

Trellaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EX with Honda sensor (nov 16) :)
I'm picking mine up tomorrow BUT in the past 3-4 days I was trying to find info on the Honda.ca site. It's a nightmare to navigate around easily.

Would think they could do MUCH better. A real disappointment.

Thanks for posting the "easy" to read chart!

milan

First Name
Milan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hi guys,

is it worth investing money in new Civic Sedan and use it for designated driver service? Do you have experience with the new Civic Sedan and is it comfortable enough?

hichamaziz

First Name
hicham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
What a nice addition for those hot and cold days.
Sponsored